*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494550-Chapter-2
Rated: E · Book · Supernatural · #1231603
Ramyon Graille is the last "De Le Frayes"... Will he be able to fulfill his destiny?
#494550 added March 12, 2007 at 3:33pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
M.o.H.A.
My Out of Heaven Angel
The Virgin Trinity

Chapter 2



It was a beautiful Sunday morning. The clear skies told them there wouldn’t be any rain coming, though Vesta argued that there might be another twist in weather just like what happened the day before, but apparently ignoring Nido too who was gloomily eating the spaghetti made by Vesta’s father, Mr. Frigg.

They clearly hadn’t made up yet for what happened three days ago.

“But Ramyon, the weather is something that changes invariably!” she held up her fork in an un-lady-like manner, “We can’t predict something like that!”

“So you’re telling me that those in the weather stations are complete idiots who delusion themselves that they could predict the weather?” asked Ramyon, snarling at her.

The raven-haired girl looked like she was a bit offended but continued anyway, “Well, no.”

Nido sighed. And sighed again. And sighed once more, up to the point that it was rather ridiculous for him; but Ramyon couldn’t blame him. Vesta was a rather unforgiving person. Then again, what he did wasn’t exactly nice either.

“Will you shut it?” she remarked at the young brunette-boy, who did not seem to hear her, she raised her voice even more, “Will you shut it!”

His brown eyes looked blankly at her and sighed again that irritated Vesta and Ramyon.

“Argh! You’re hopeless!” she wrung her hands in the air and left rather ungracefully, toppling down a pot plant in the process.

Sighing once more, he took out a crumpled piece of paper from his bag and showed it to Ramyon right after the older girl left. It was their Arithmetic test paper.

“Brings back horrid memories.” Muttered Ramyon. He got a whooping 20% in their last exam.

And he thought he was the worst.

He stared at it. Looked up at Nido and back at the paper. There must be freaking wrong with it.

“How’d-”

“I don’t know either. I was so sure that all my answers were right…” he muttered rather lifelessly, “I really couldn’t believe it… it was the only thing I’m good at.”

Ramyon still couldn’t believe what he’d seen. A zero percent for Nido? There must be something wrong. Or it could be…

“When did we take this exam again?”

“Just yesterday. I know I’ve mastered everything the night before… I was so sure…”

Ramyon looked at the paper once again. Or he could be wrong.

“Stress, maybe?” he looked up at Nido, who was looking even more down, if it was possible.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-


It was hard having two best friends at the same time. One, because jealousy might spring completely out of nowhere and two because it was hard not siding with anyone when they’re arguing like there’s no tomorrow.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-


‘It was the year of the Dragon Riders
The song of the maiden daughter
It was a dreadful thirty seventy eight
The song of the light and flight.

Mourning and dreaming
The angel is singing longingly
The world is slowly dying
The mortal is dying sweetly…’



Somehow Ramyon would feel the hairs on his back standing up whenever he hears this poem. It was bittersweet and killing him at the same time. It was a poem made roughly fifty years ago, when the first failed Apocalypse had happened.

From what he heard from his grandmother, the story was about a young Ba-Baylan was sent by the Heaven to look for the escaped demon and vanquish it before it could start the Apocalypse. For the Ba-Baylan to do it, the Ba-Baylan disguised as a young female mortal and started to look for the LeFay. During her quest, she met a fragile looking young man who would help her find the LeFay. She fell in love with the young man and he fell in love with her too. The Hands of Fate was so tricky that it turned out that the young man was the reincarnation of the LeFay.

And that was it; at least that was what he heard from his grandmother.

When he asked Mr. Frigg about the said legend, he said that was why he was such a “celebrity” to use his word.

Apparently, the De Le Frayes Clan was the only descendant of the Ba-Baylan. That was according to the so-called documentaries of Muffin Fraile, who was part of the De Le Frayes who just married a certain Clein Fraile; Ramyon did not really believe it, but Mr. Frigg said it was true. There were indeed documents about the “descending of the Ba-Baylan” and it’s “progeny”, such as recordings, the numerous footages of what had happened years ago…

But somehow, Ramyon had failed to grasp of how the De Le Frayes Clan was utterly and deliberately obliterated from the face of the earth. If they were indeed descendants of the Ba-Baylan, then why do they die? Who killed-no, murdered-the whole clan?

And one thing he wondered too.

How did his beloved Grandmother Apin Rakum-Na escape the claws of the murderer and why did she choose him, who was the son of the black sheep of the family? Why did she choose to save him who was only displeasure to the Apo?

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-


“So you’re saying that it’s completely stupid that my cat, Ceshire, won’t eat your stupid bird, is that what your argument, Miss Greatness?” Ramyon heard a rather sarcastic tone from behind him and Vesta on their way to Tulhayan University. The two looked behind them and saw the brown-haired siblings arguing. Again. It seemed that the topic of interest of the debate that day was whether Ceshire ate Mr. Puffskins or not. Gwen had apparently accused Ceshire of murder of her little black bird because Nido was not feeding it properly, but Nido defended his cat by saying that it’s completely harmless.

“But your cat bit me once, Nido.” Ramyon suddenly blurt out.

Gwen’s eyes lit up, “SEE! I knew your cat would eat anything!”

“Biting is different from eating, Gwen, you shouldn’t get your hopes too high. There’s a high probability that your bird suddenly flew away, it’s not like it’s not going to do that once the cage is opened.” Said Vesta in a matter of fact way, gaining a scowl from Gwen and a bright face from Nido.

“I’m going to prove that… OH!” squealed Gwen as she saw Ramyon staring at her, turned into a deep shade of red and ran away.

“Your sister is such a fangirl, Milky.” A rather arrogant voice boomed from the Westeride road.

It was his greatest enemy. And they were their greatest foes.

“The rockstar and his groupie, ha, no wonder no girl has gotten the nerve to slap you, Graille.” The sneering face of Eridp Sinn welcomed them, “You look good together, Vesta-lesta and Milky-Nido? You both look like twerps.”

Another roar of laughter came from the seven kings and queens of Tulhayan University.

“Ignore them, they’re not worth it.” Said Nido, tugging the Ramyon’s sleeves.

Eridp Sinn snarled and imitated Nido in a rather disgusting manner, which of course, caused another rolling of stomachs for Eridp and the other six.

“So, she’s your biatch, eh, Fillius?” teased Eridp.

Ramyon got an idea. He smirked and said something that made Eridp lose control and assaulted him. Which of course got Eridp and the Sinns in a big problem.

Starting a fight.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-


“Why did you have to say that?!”

“Yeah, Vesta’s right! You could’ve said anything… ELSE!”

“Because it’s not true!”

“Yeah, it isn’t!”

He rolled his eyes as they continued in becoming so defensive about his statement earlier.

Heck, he was even empted to put some icky used bubblegum into his ears just for him not to hear any of the duo’s complaints against what he said. He could not understand why they were being such… kiddies about it. It was just a decoy for them to be able to leave, not that it was true.

And yet they’re taking it too seriously.

“I just said that you two are dat-” the two smacked him down to the grass field just to shut him up.

“DON’T-YOU-EVER-SAY-THAT-AGAIN!” warned Vesta, who was now on top of him and was also pointing her index finger between his two red orbs.

“Date and jealous are two things you should never ever try to bring up again! Especially when it’s about your friends! That’s backstabbing!” said Nido whose hands was pining him down.

He felt so violated of his human rights.

“Fine, fine, FINE! Just… let me go!” he shouted, struggling to be out of Nido’s grasp and under Vesta. He felt his wrists and stared at them rather darkly, “Why’d you have to do that?”

The two merely blushed and looked away.

He still felt violated of his rights and people were already staring at them for their ludicrous behavior minutes ago.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-


© Copyright 2007 Luna Addictus (UN: lunaaddictus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Luna Addictus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494550-Chapter-2