*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494758-What-Does-247-Mean
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#494758 added March 13, 2007 at 10:28am
Restrictions: None
What Does 24/7 Mean???
I'm sure I'll be back later today to add something. *Bigsmile*

Seriously, though, what does 24/7 mean to you? About 3 or 4 days a week, as I pick up my son from work in the morning, he'll ask that I stop at our local Kroger store. He might want a fresh donut. Or he might be out of cereal. Or he just might have a hankerin' for something that we don't have. (He buys most of his own foods, thank goodness!)

Kroger is supposed to be open 24/7. Today, people were standing around the doors rather confused because they didn't just open when they stepped up to the door. (It would have made a great Candid Camera show. *Smile*)

We did notice that someone was letting in a few people now and then. There must have been a bunch of employees who started at 7 a.m. and they were let in.

While Derek was at the door, being told rather rudely, "Employees only!" I was calling the customer service desk inside. I very nicely asked why the store was closed to customers and inquired if they realized that they had a number of customers standing outside without anyone bothering to explain why they could not come in.

Perhaps mine was not the first call this employee answered. Or perhaps she had been in the store all night and was tired and ready to go home. Still, her rude response to me on the phone was not good business.

The employee informed me that there was a sign on the door. (There was not on the door where my son stood.) It turns out that the store had completely stripped all the floors and washed and waxed them and the floors were not dry yet.

Now, I have never worked in a store that was open 24/7, but I have shopped in a few over the years. When THEY needed to strip and wax floors, they usually did just part of the store at a time and blocked that part of the store while they worked.

Even if they really needed to do the entire floor at one time, wouldn't you think they would have arranged to have the job completed before 7 a.m.? Normally when my son runs in to the store, I sit in the car and watch people. One day, I counted the number of people coming out with Starbucks coffee. (There were 22 in a ten minute period.) I wonder how the Starbucks counter felt about losing customers this morning...

If my son had known that the Kroger store would not be open, he could have purchased a box of cereal at his own store before he left (Target). But rather than go back, we proceeded on towards the house and he stopped at Walgreens instead. Of course, instead of spending $2 for a box of Kroger brand cereal, he spent at least twice that much for a box of national brand at Walgreens. But you know, he was hungry.

That rude girl at the Kroger store had told me that theywould probably open in 15-20 minutes give or take. Did they really think people were going to stand around and wait?

I'll probably have to drop a note to the Kroger store about this. *Smile* Don't worry. I know how to complain nicely.

What a segue, huh?
 Complaining - Nicely  (E)
I had nothing to occupy the time, so I read the back of the laundry soap box.
#1231985 by Kenzie
*Laugh*

*****************

Trying to be more serious now. I found this today on the public review page.
FORUM
White Case Memorial  (E)
Honoring the WDC members who have passed away
#1230549 by iKïyå§ama




© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494758-What-Does-247-Mean