*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/495324-Warning-Whining-Ahead
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#495324 added March 15, 2007 at 4:08pm
Restrictions: None
Warning, Whining Ahead
Seriously, I don't do a bunch of whining. Or at least I try not to. *Smile* But today, I have set aside to do a bit of whining. So...if you dont' want to hear it, run for the hills..........
N O W !!!!


Okay...as we wait for THEM to leave, I'll try to be nice first. So THEY don't catch a word or two of whining that THEY don't want to hear. *Laugh*

I now have two, count them, TWO, Easter baskets. Nanny-nanny-boo-boo.

Easter Basket My Easter Basket.

I got one from intuey GoT Survivor! and one from winter - both very, very special ladies. Thanks again! *Heart* ya both!


Okay. Are THEY gone? Are you sure YOU are up to hearing me whine? Rememer, it's not something I do every day, so once the flood gates are opened, I might not be able to stop.

Well, that's not true. I can stop. But I want to start right now...

Some days, I'm really tired of hurting. Oh, I know. I won't die from hurting. I guess that's what keeps me going. I know this isn't anything serious that I have. It won't kill me. And when there are others - here at WDC, even - facing life-threatening illnesses, I feel like such a wimp for even bringing it up. That's why I don't often complain. Much.

Maybe it's the flip-flopping weather that's getting to me. Yesterday it got up past 70 and today it's back down to the 30's. What's up with that? And it's damp outside, so my muscles and joints are just screaming. Grrr.

If you've never hopped over to my hubby Incurable Romantic 's port you might not have discovered his/our disabiltiy forum or the blog he's keeping of his/our aches, pains, doctor visits, sleep habits, etc. So, maybe you've never heard me say this.

If you see me here late at night, it's because I'm avoiding going to bed. One would think that lots of rest would be good for me. And it is, since with the chronic fatigue aspect, I can often just shut down with only ten minutes notice. BUT...the worst pains I experience are when I'm getting into bed at night and trying to find a comfy position and first thing in the morning as I try to get out of bed. Just getting into bed and easing myself into the best sleeping position or sitting up in bed at the beginning of the day makes my whole body scream with pain.

If you've ever been to a doctor who inquires about the level of pain you're experiencing, they usually use a scale of zero to ten. Ten is the worst pain level of all. When I'm getting into or out of bed, I think my pain level reaches about a 12 to 15. Seriously.

During the day, my pain level is always between three and eight. It never, ever goes away completely. (That's why I've said that I'm probably the only person around who looked forward to having a colonoscopy...because now they drug you so that you not only don't feel what they're doing to you, you also forget what they did. It works on my fibro pain too for that time.)

My worst pains are in my left lower back and my left knee. Both of those were places I injured in the past. It figures that my fibromyalgia pains would migrate to there. That doesn't mean I don't have pains anywhere else. I DO! In my right hip, my right knee (not quite as bad), my ankles. That's just the bones. I also have pains in my muscles in my legs, arms, neck and back.

My ears. The outer portion of my ears feel like they are on fire, or maybe like they've been frostbitten. Even in yesterday's 70+ degree weather, they pulled that on me. You know they weren't really frostbitten. *Smile*

My stomach hurts almost all the time, and they can't find anything wrong. I guess we - the doc and I - are going to just accept that it's the fibro and forget about it. Easier for the doc than for me.

Those knees? The left one - the one I injured in 2002 - actually it was on 3/16/02, so it's almost 5 years (surgery was 4/22) - is now not only hurting but each time I put weight on it I feel like I'm going to throw up. That, of course, makes me tread lightly on my knee, which causes me to put more weight on the other one. That will probably have a negative effect on my other knee and my back. Yikes.

Yes, I know that God has the power and ability to heal me. God and I have spoken about this quite often, in fact. But...

...okay I'm going to leave the rest of my aches and pains and whining for another day. Because, I have something else good to share.

Y'all can come back now. I'm done whining.

Whatever the reason that God is allowing me to experience this malady, I do know that people have been and are being helped.

Just today I heard from Nada about my Wednesday Wisecracks entry. Remember that one? I included the link to the Spoon Theory. Nada thanked me and said that sharing that helped her understand what someone close to her is going through.

That, I'm sure, is why I'm here sharing the good times and the bad. Because along the way, someone is going to learn something. Someone is going to be touched. Someone is going to be helped. And that's what sharing is all about.

Okay, I'm done. Later gators.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/495324-Warning-Whining-Ahead