*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496936-Spring-is-in-the-air
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#496936 added March 22, 2007 at 4:54pm
Restrictions: None
Spring is in the air!
** Sniff, Sniff**

Ahh! Spring is in the air! I know, I have the allergy to prove it.
Do you guys all feel it? Like the meowing cats in the backyard, just feel it in your being? When I was young, really young, there used to be a bunch of cats in the alley that went on a concert every Spring night. Unfortunately for me, none of them can carry a tone! They were like scratching metal while strangling ... cats ... so... basically they were like strangling themselves.
Night in and night out.

It got to the point that I started to store up pebbles, bottles, anything I can found around the house, and threw at them when they got to be too much. That will disperse them for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then the concert renews.

At least the rabbits around my yard now are quiet!

Anyway, I guess my question is that --- Do human beings have the same urges like the cats, feel that pulse of the nature and just wants to go out there at midnight and howl at the moon "Spring is here! Spring is here." until the neighbors all lit up, and cursed out of the window, and called police, and your wife and kids screamed and yelled and said, "Daddy, Daddy, what are you doing? Come on inside, it is cold and you are na...."

Humm...

Do you? Well at least I ... don't.

Most of the instincts have been dead inside of me now, the rest are killed by that allergy medicine.

Oh well. Who needs the urge to ... imitate a cat?



© Copyright 2007 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496936-Spring-is-in-the-air