*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497030-Update
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#497030 added March 22, 2007 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
Update
Yeah, I suck at this blog thing. I always say I'm going to be better about updating, but lets just say the odds are better if I don't make any promises.

Referring to my last entry, I was able to get out of the workshop b/c there are four more scheduled this year. Unfortunately, they're still in PA, but I don't have to go until May. There are also a couple of post-docs from the lab who want to come so I won't have to be the expert just yet. When the time comes for them to move on I will be, but for the time being we'll be able to put our heads together to hash it out. Assuming they don't weinie out on me again. *Angry*

In other lab news:

The manager is pregnant, about 4 months along. Nobody's sure if she'll stay or not. She goes back and forth, depending on her mood. I've tried to show some forsight by going to my boss and saying that somebody needs to learn the manager's duties for the 6 weeks when she's on maternity leave. It sounds like I get to take most of it, but I kind of expected it and would rather begin preparations now. I was freaked out by the idea at the beginning, but I'm sort of settling into it now.

I've been trying to help more with the cleaning and other lab chores, since the morning sickness is still slowing the manager down. I also busted tail to help mail 50 individually housed animals to Oklahoma. Very odd. The manager has been surprisingly grateful and has treated me to two "thank you" lunches in the last week. She also told off the graduate student I've been working with for pawning off experiments on me. It worked; the student has backed off in a big way. It's been an interesting shift in dynamics. It will be interesting to see how it develops.

Elsewhere:

I've been attending a couple of bellydance classes a week, but am still struggling with the basics. I'm a little dejected but plan to stay with it. I'm debating how much to spend on videos to practice with at home. I'd hate to think I'm a hopeless case. I've also been keeping up with Yoga and strength training which should help with the moves that require more flexibility/endurance than I can muster. We'll see.

In a moment of weakness I allowed myself to be talked into going to the high school Lock-in at my church. Fortunately, I get to go home around 1 or 2 am to sleep. The real drag is I have to get up at 7:30ish to go to the coffee shop for an 8hr shift. The I'm going to a bellydance show (as a audience member) Saturday night. I think I'm going to drop before Monday gets here. At least my boss is out of town next week so the Monday drag should go unnoticed.

I guess that's for now. Until next time...


© Copyright 2007 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497030-Update