*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498469-Well-again-kinda-maybe-a-little
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#498469 added March 30, 2007 at 8:29am
Restrictions: None
Well again, kinda, maybe, a little
Ok, so much for me getting back to blogging last week. 6 days later and I get a reminder to blog today. I hadn't forgotten, just been too sick and haven't been online a whole lot lately. In fact mostly I've been sleeping, checking my email in the morning and evening, and sleeping.

Being sick is horrible. I don't like being sick. For some reason my kids get sick and are very sick for a day or two. This time their colds developed into conjunctivitis so they went up to the doctor for antibiotic eye drops which cleared things up in days. They were all fine days later. In fact, sick a total of four days. My daughter only missed two days of school because she stayed home Friday, all weekend, and Monday returning on Tuesday feeling completely better.

Of course, I would catch what they had and what takes them down a couple of days knocks me out for over a week. What makes them a little snuffley for a couple of days sends me dying to bed for a week. For some of the time I was capable of doing very little at all. I even slept through some of those days.

Thankfully I have a wonderful mother who lives around the corner. She arranged to drop my daughter off to school on the cold autumn mornings which did me wonders. Some days she even picked her up in the afternoon and once I borrowed the car to do that. We also managed a shopping trip by pooling our strength which was important because when I'm sick I don't handle kids complaining about a lack of things to eat so well and needed something easy to throw together for dinners.

Anyway, I'm on the mend. The fever is gone, headaches only lingering a little when I've pushed myself too hard, I'm able to breathe again although the cough hangs around again, when I push myself to hard. My main issue now is the ear ache that's still in full force. I don't like ear aches but my ears have been a recurrent issue and the fact that my mother gives me guilt about the fact that I should have seen a doctor in the early days of me being sick just makes me grumpy. I don't need a doctor. I knew my body could take care of things, it's just a flu.

The good news is I'm definitely on the way up again. This weekend should tide me through with lots more rest and then I might be able to pull my world back into order come Monday. I even managed to get some work done this week.

Speaking of work I got done I wrote a new article and posted a few things on Helium. I'll blog about Helium some time but meanwhile, check out "Invalid Item and if you can, click each of the links. You don't have to read the articles and book reviews if you don't want to. Some of you may have seen them before, but by clicking them I gain 1c each unique view. *Smile* The pennies add up and it's better than nothing which is what WDC earns. (In fact WDC costs me several hundred a year but shhhh don't tell anyone.)

Ok, so enough of me, it's a blog entry and fingers crossed I'll be back to daily blogs now. No longer sick enough to use that as an excuse. Meanwhile the Friday night movie is about to start and I need some more rest.

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498469-Well-again-kinda-maybe-a-little