*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498742-Round-Three
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#498742 added April 1, 2007 at 8:35am
Restrictions: None
Round Three
Romany - 2 Scarlett -1


Romany refused to move his/her fat lazy butt out of bed this morning so the gym session didn't happen and there didn't seem much point going without him/her. Monday will be a different story however. He/she and I are definitely going to put in a long-overdue appearance. I just hope it's me who loses some weight as well as losing him/her completely.

Enough of whining health issues. I am feeling a little better thanks to Amoxicillan and lots of rest and hopefully this week will see the last of Romany, who can bog off somewhere else as long as he/she leaves my friends out of it. I've managed some humdrum tasks today as well as watching a film and wrapping some pank presents for my friend's burpday.

Here endeth another month. Not blue for me as usual, but that matters not. Neither do stats or views or number of comments. You know what really matters to me? Simple as it may sound, it's interaction. I like to know what my friends here are doing, feeling, enjoying, suffering and enduring. That makes them real people to me and real people are the only ones worth caring about. You can keep your clever, opinionated, fluffy and sensational stuff as far as I'm concerned. I care about people. I wear my heart on my sleeve and I appreciate every minute and comment given to me.

I may be a fool but as April 1st beckons I feel I need to take stock. My fingers are not enough to count how many genuine friends I've made on this site. I know those who genuinely care will be around for a long time. But I can no longer afford to be the blog reading queen. My time is as limited as others and I cannot continue commenting on the number of blogs I've been reading. It may sound petty, but if you don't respond to me, then I can no longer afford the time to respond to you. We all have our crosses to bear.

I may make even more enemies with these statements and I wish I could adopt the Rhett Butler attitude of 'Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.' I do care, but sadly I'm only human, warts and all and I cannot be all things to all people.

So, April will be a fresh start. A time for me to reflect, maybe develop some of my own writing, review those who don't ask for a change and concentrate on those I consider my real friends. I have the Blogville News to put together each month and much as I realise the world won't end without it, I do take some pride in hoping it brings some pleasure to bloggers and may bring about some sort of community spirit.

Whatever, Blogville will continue to be an important part of my every day life. I just feel the time has come to concentrate on those who are really important to me and I'll take the consequences. I never claimed to be all sweetness and light and I apologise to anyone who feels I'm letting the side down.

Maybe a visit from Romany has reminded me life is too short to waste on running around after people. I can only do so much and I realise life will go on within me and without me. I'm of little importance in the great scheme of things. But I do wub my friends here and will be here for them. Nighty Night ...Hic

© Copyright 2007 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498742-Round-Three