*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499690-SPRING
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#499690 added April 5, 2007 at 8:56am
Restrictions: None
SPRING!
You would think by the title I want to talk about Spring - you know the it-comes-but-once-a-year-around-March-and-April-variety.

Nope.

The meaning of the word I used is a shortened “springboard”. I’ve been springboarding around for the last few days, and I keep springing over to one place: to write.

I know, big deal right? I’m doing that now!

A little specificity would help, no?

Sheesh, you guys really need to work on your telepathic abilities. You’re making me work, here, and you know I don’t like work!

What was I talking about?

Oh, I remember now. Specificity. Isn’t that a need word? I love how it sounds, and how it flows out of my mouth (verses what? My left pinky?).

Do you think I’ve had enough coffee for one day? Is this what it’s like to have ADD?

SPRING!

My first spring into this writing plane happened with the critique group. Their suggestions (and yes, to all who commented before, I understand they are only suggestions, and that it’s my book, my mine-mine-all-mine-I-can-do-whatever-I please-with-it-so-there-book) has excited my creative side. Instead of using that new energy to edit my Nano book, I focused it instead on my ‘real’ book. I wrote four pages at work yesterday (shhhhhh), and nine more last night.

Oh! I decided on a title! Sorry I didn’t choose any from my poll, but it did help me to decide on what I think is a better one: “Traitors.” Short, I know, but it actually says a great deal about the plot; more so than “Seekers” and the rest I think.

The other spring came in the form of a song by MercyMe called “3:42am (writer’s block)” from their “Coming Up To Breathe” album:

3:41 am make that 3:42
Time just keeps rolling on while I’m here stuck like glue.
So many things cross my mind
         but nothing stays a while . . .
                   so frustrating
I just wanna say something worth while . . .
         speak through me

Say what You wanna say . . .
         and say it loudly
Say what You wanna say . . .


6:45 am man that just can’t be right
3 hours have gone by and this is all I’ve got
My common sense tells me I should get out of the way . . .
         so You can speak.
O Lord show up or all be here all day . . .
         speak through me.

Say what You wanna say . . .
         and say it loudly.
Say what You wanna say . . .
         speak through me.
If the idea’s mine it’s nothing but a waste of time
So won’t You say what you wanna say.
(Repeats)


Several things with this. First it showed me how much time I’ve wasted already. It’s also possible “I” got in the way, and now it’s time to let God have his turn.

Either way, I’m rewriting the book I’ve been avoiding for almost two months now. I haven’t decided if I will show the subsequent chapters to the critique group, though I really should. I probably will. I got nothing to lose except a little ego. Considering how huge and unmanageable it is now, it could use a little (okay, a lot) more deflating.

Another aside! jspinelli wrote this in her blog yesterday ("Invalid Entry) I really liked: We're not meant to know the 'why's' behind every thing God has planned for us, and I'm more than okay with that. I was thinking the other day how boring life would be if you knew the outcome of every step you take in life. There's a thrill to trying and succeeding, and a humbleness that comes with failure.

The last of all springs is Blogville slowing down somewhat. People are neither updating their blogs as much, or commenting. What a time saver for me! Don’t get me wrong, I love reading you, and you’re far from a waste of my time. But when you don’t update I don’t feel guilty about not having the time to read you, or wonder while I’m gone if I’ve missed something.

I’ll end there because I’m not only done with my original subject, but I depleted all my asides.

Except one.

If I’m not around, I wish you a fabulous Easter!

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499690-SPRING