*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500147-Busy-Business
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#500147 added April 7, 2007 at 2:30am
Restrictions: None
Busy Business
So many things are happening at one. I have several writing jobs lined up, plus a student or two to tutor. I hope to get organized so I can do all I'm planning.

The web site www.classiclit.about.com (copy and paste to visit the site) is going to accept 10 of my originally written articles to print on their web site. The first one is going to be about the use of metaphors, but I haven't gotten further than the topic sentence. I'm going to the quiet zone soon, and get that first article on paper, at least as a draft.

I have a tutoring student in New York City, and I'm having to figure out how to do business and accept payment over the Internet. I was going to set up a writing store on e-Bay, but I realized that they will want a portion of my income if I list with them. I know I can accept Pay Pal, but I haven't figured out where or how yet. It'll come in time. I just have a lot of personal research to do.

There are a lot more jobs than usual up for writer's takings at DueNow.com. I'm trying not to fall into their lure of writing for them, because they take at least 50% of what the clients pays. Very greedy bunch, but it seems to be par for the business. You've got to front the business yourself, and I think I'm ready to. Just getting the paperwork and official setting up to go.

House is a mess. Pets are missing my 24/7 attention. Car has 2 flat tires and finally went off with the mechanic today, so I'm walking for at least the weekend. Glad the shopping center is near.

I thought it was spring, for sure--but the temperature has dropped to the 50s, and it's going lower. I planted LOTS of seeds, and hope it does only drop to 33 degrees on Saturday night. Guess that the danger of starting an early garden. Had to re-adjust the mycology garden today too. All my early starts are projects aren't particularly panning out to be early--just going along if I'm lucky. Guess I save the housework for last, and that's why it never seems to get done.
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500147-Busy-Business