*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500917-Chapter-5
Rated: E · Book · Supernatural · #1231603
Ramyon Graille is the last "De Le Frayes"... Will he be able to fulfill his destiny?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#500917 added April 11, 2007 at 7:31am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 5
MoHA
My Out of Heaven Angel
The Virgin Trinity

Chapter 5


The University president, Madam Glory Ma-thick-Arrovo, massaged her temples. It happened right under her nose, and she had no idea about it until the police came five minutes ago. The President was no taller than four feet, ten inches; her already short and graying hair was held by black pins that could be clearly seen by the students, and glimmers whenever hit by the sun’s light. She wore a silvery night shawl in broad daylight, underneath it was a navy blue ladies’ coat and a skirt that was cut just above the knee so that she would look taller. There was a rumor that she was always wearing platform shoes. The huge mole on her right cheek had a running joke with the students.

THE DAILY TRUIMPH
“News Changes Day to Day!”
Half-dead students found in the university premises...


“Straw!” her almost shrill voice passed through the fine eardrums of her secretary.

“Yes, Madam President.” A rather stout man, middle-aged, with black hair and dull black eyes that was hidden by equally black sun shades.

“Sip Straw, haven’t I told you to keep these… meddling media people’s paws off the affairs of the university?! What is this!” her chubby yet pale hand pointed at the headline of the broadsheet, “So much for your sources!”

The staff member shook his head vigorously, “No, madam! It wasn’t me! I indeed had told those… eavesdroppers to not cover any of those things!”

The President raised her brow, “Then, who, Straw, who?!”

“I…” Straw was speechless. He had no more lies to make, he knew she’d find out sooner or later.

She was the queen of lies.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-


Ramyon, Vesta and Nido walked idly in the school park. The sturdy mango tree did not sway even as the cool breeze kissed it with passion, it stood proudly and defiantly; the bamboo trees on the other hand swayed along, as if playing with its friends. Its sharp leaves seemed to be harmless as the breeze went around its thick stem as it passed through, with a promise that it will be back.

The three found a spot under the fire-blossom tree and sat there. They watched students walk from room to room, from building to building.

None of them seemed to have anything to say.

Nido coughed; the other two looked at him as if waiting for him to say something.

“What? I’ve just gotten cough!” he snapped.

“Chill.” Replied Vesta, who looked at both boys with discontent, “Why are we moping about… things that doesn’t even concern us?”

Ramyon looked up at the highest cypress tree in their university, “Don’t you think it’s weird that no news had escaped about the sudden… attack on students? It should’ve caused uproar from both students and their families, especially with parents.”

“Well, maybe they don’t think it’s such a good idea…” mumbled Nido, but dragged it off on his own. He wasn’t quite convinced with his own reasoning.

Vesta took out a rather dusty book from her bag. It smelled like rotten paper.

“Eew, Vesta! Where did you take that?!” complained Nido, while pinching his nose, making a rather funny voice.

Vesta raised her brow, “Well, Mister Clueless, this is a book from the National Library. This is a book about mythical items; it’s for my report in Anthropology 101.”

Nido measured the book with his hands, and looked unbelievingly at Vesta, who in turn, made a face. It was rather comforting for Ramyon to see that they continued to live their normal life even after seeing the horrible scenery at the Sinns’ territory. It just couldn’t leave his mind. He hated Eripd and the other Sinns, but almost killing them was way out of line; besides, he didn’t know anyone who hated or disliked the seven Sinns aside from them, in fact, even though they were sort of bullies, it wasn’t like everybody hated them, nor everybody feared them. It was mostly the rivalry between the Fifen and the Sinns. It’s not like either would kill just because of something petty… right?

“Oi, Gwen!” shouted Nido, raising his hand to greet his little sister.

She only glared at them as she passed, clutching her books rather tightly. It seemed like she still haven’t forgiven them for fighting with the Sinns and getting herself bullied like that.

Vesta worriedly looked at the young Fillius who walked hastily on to her next class.

“Hmph.” Grunted Nido, who was ignored by his own sister, “What’s she up to, really…”

Vesta was about to say something when the end of lunch rang; she mouthed a small later to the two. It seemed like they were going to have a free dinner for the day. Ramyon saw Gwen staring at them from afar, but when he blinked, she was gone.

“I really should pack lunch. I’m hallucinating.” He muttered.

“What?”

“Nothing! See you later!” Ramyon waved at his best friends as he went to his next class, which was History.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-


Ramyon waited under the cypress tree. His History class finished early, because his professor had appointments outside the university; if it was a regular schedule, he still had to wait for them for half an hour. For now, he was going to wait for an hour.

The cypress tree in their university was one of the three remaining cypress trees in Mythil City.

One was in the Baylan Shrine on top of Mount Remus, the second was located at the top of Hill Hurrasia, and the third and the youngest of the three was shading him from the harsh ultraviolet rays of the sun.

It was his favorite tree. Somehow, he knew that the cypress tree was also Vesta and Nido’s favorite tree.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-


It was a pleasant summer camp for the elementary students, the sun shone brightly and proudly despite the reports that there will be a strong tropical storm that will hit the city.

Mrs. Frigg had just packed the kids food for the trip when the eight-year-old Ramyon heard her say things like, don’t believe, stupid predictions and stuff like that.

Ramyon wore a blue-striped white shirt, a pair of black khaki shorts and mismatched flip-flops. He also had put on a paper pirate cap on top of his head. He waited patiently in the living room while licking a pink lollipop which was covered with chocolate-flavored sugar.

He was savoring his sweet lollipop when they heard a loud thud, thud, thud that seemed to come from the stairs. Ramyon popped his head in the edge of the door going to the kitchen.

It was Vesta. She fell flat on the floor, her face covered by her short uncombed hair.

“Oh my! Vestavia!” exclaimed Mrs. Frigg as she hurriedly went to Vesta’s side, “You reckless poor thing. What did you do now?”

Vesta had her face screwed into something like between crying, pouting and trying to pull of a slapstick comedy one-man show.

“Don’t run when you’re going down the stairs, goodness you! What worse could’ve happened!” she wiped the tears and dirt off Vesta’s face, Mrs. Frigg turned to Ramyon, “Go and take the medicine kit on top of the table, Ramyon.”

“Uh.” Nodded the young Ramyon as he scurried to the kitchen table. He could hear his older sister’s cries so when he saw the white box with a blue cross embedded on it, he took it and ran to the living room.

Mrs. Frigg had now taken Vesta to the living room so she could relax a bit. Shallow cuts were present in her face, a few of them still bleeding; somehow, Ramyon felt sick as his eyes focused on the blood dripping from her pale face.

“Thank you, Ramyon. No wonder Rakum-Na loved you very much, you’re such a sweet kid.” She now turned to her daughter, and put some rubbing alcohol on cotton balls, “Now, Vestavia, this won’t hurt…”

Ramyon wanted to tell Mrs. Frigg that those statements were like, a hundred years old, and that they won’t work well with kids anymore.

Vesta nodded, but cried louder when the cotton balls went near her; Mrs. Frigg rubbed her temples, it seemed to Ramyon that she was having a hard time figuring out how to calm Vesta and keep her from wailing louder, if not stop it somehow. She eyed her daughter and took out a chocolate lollipop, Vesta’s face lit up.

“Children, really.” Mrs. Frigg shook her head lightly as she handed the lollipop to the young Frigg who didn’t seem to mind her scars anymore.

BEEP! BEEP!

“Auntie, the bus is here!” Ramyon’s small, his small voice resounded from the kitchen, after opening the window to look where the horn came from.

“This early?!” exclaimed Mrs. Frigg, who almost panicked when Vesta tumbled again, but was surprised when she didn’t seem to mind falling down. “These kids really.”

“Quick!” Ramyon told Vesta, as he took his huge backpack and a water container.

She too was in a hurry but managed to squeak a small, “I know! I know!”

The two gave Mrs. Frigg a big hug and asked her if she could hug Mr. Frigg for the both of them that caused the former to giggle a bit, intentionally forgetting the fact that Vesta had once again pulled an act to have a piece of lollipop.

Vesta and Ramyon were in the same school, the Frigg family didn’t have to worry about his education since his grandmother had left quite a huge amount that would be enough until he would have a job. Even though Vesta was almost year older than Ramyon, they were classmates ever since they entered pre-school.

They were currently Grade Two that time when they first met Nido and his younger sister, Gwen. They were sitting on the last row of chairs.

“Are they taken?” asked Vesta, pointing at the vacant chair beside the two children.

“Nope, you could use the space.” Said the older looking boy, “The weirdo girl had just left.”

“Weirdo? She’s not a weirdo!” the young girl defended the absent whoever it was, “She’s got a different taste that’s all.”

“I can’t believe you two are friends.” Muttered the boy, “What did you see in her?”

“It’s none of your business, brother. Besides, you don’t know her that’s why you say that stuff.”

Vesta gave a small thanks while Ramyon nodded at the two. The boy stared at Ramyon for a bit and gulped; he had a feeling the boy was going to burst out anytime.

It was a good thing he didn’t.

The bus had already started the engine minutes earlier and already passed the North Express Way. The little girl held out her hand, “We haven’t introduced ourselves. I’m Gwen. This is my older brother, Nido.”

“Oh. Hello, I’m Vesta. Nice name, by the way, Gwen. And this is my… um… brother, Ramyon.” She ruffles Ramyon’s hair as she introduced him. He hates it whenever she does that, especially the fact that she messed up his hair.

“Hi.” Waved Nido, he seemed like he wanted to say something but couldn’t, or wouldn’t. He turned to his sister, who was between him and Ramyon, “We could exchange seats, you know.”

“A miracle, what’s gotten into you?” She gave him a surprised look, but exchanged seats anyway. She seemed to enjoy watching the view from the seat, and Ramyon swore he heard her say something like “would’ve loved this” and “it’s a shame”.

The boy, Nido, seemed to be meeker that Ramyon thought, he did not say anything until they arrived at the camp. When the teachers, or as of the moment, camp instructors separated the younger ones from the older ones, Vesta and Ramyon was still together, but Nido and his little sister waved “see you later” to each other. Ramyon watched Nido from the corner of his eye, while Vesta was busy asking questions from the camp instructors.

“Do you want to join us?” Ramyon asked, “We’re one member less.”

Nido looked up; he seemed to be nervous around Ramyon. “Well… I dunno… I really don’t have anything to share…”

“It’s OK, we’ve got a few spare food here, if you don’t mind.” Said Vesta, who seemed to overhear the boys’ conversation.

Nido blushed, “It’s OK, really.”

Ramyon and Vesta looked at each other, and as if knowing what exactly the other was thinking, both said in unison, “We insist.”

Nido’s face turned to beet red and muttered a small thanks.

“Don’t think we pity you either,” said Vesta, seeing the sort of down look given by Nido, “It’s sort of a… payback for helping us.”

“I guess. Thanks.”

Ramyon smiled a bit. Maybe he’ll ask him about what he thinks about the oddness of the female aliens in earth.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-


The kids’ shadows seemed to be nowhere when their camp instructors told them to set up their tents. The second grade students were clumped together in one site. It was always such an advantage to have Vesta around, since if she doesn’t know something, she immediately asks guidance from those who knows more about it.

Ramyon was disturbed that Nido seemed awfully quiet even though Vesta had told him that it was OK; he still couldn’t understand why he acted so oddly.

He was about to approach Nido when the latter asked to talk to him in private.

“Hey… I really wanted to ask you about this…” muttered the small boy, who was distracted with the hem of his loose blue shirt.

Ramyon sat on the green patch of grass under the mango tree, “C’mon, spill it out.”

Nido sat beside Ramyon, “Well… are you the Ramyon Graille?”

Ramyon gave him a bewildered look, “Huh? As far as I remembered…” he checked his ID, “Yep. It’s me.”

“No, no, no… not like that… I mean, the De Le Frayes heir!” Nido shook his head vigorously, “The only one left in the De Le Frayes Clan, Ramyon De Le Frayes-Graille!”

“Oh.”

“Uhm… are you OK?”

“Well, yeah. Sort of.”

“Sort of?”

“Well… I just thought…”

“Thought what?”

“I thought you’d be my friend.”

“But I am your friend… at least I want to.”

Ramyon looked unbelievingly at Nido, “But you looked so excited about me being that… child in the stories…”

“No. That’s not true!”

Ramyon was thinking of some way to get out of the place, go away from Nido. He spotted the pony-tailed black hair of his “sister” Vesta.

“Well… I think we better go… Vesta’s looking for us…” said Ramyon as he stood up.

“My sister would’ve ogled at you earlier, if she knew about it.” Said Nido out of nowhere, “She’s always told us that she wanted to marry you…”

“What?! But I’m too young to marry!” exclaimed Ramyon, rooted at the spot, “I haven’t even had my-“

“I haven’t either.” Said Nido, who stood up too and was now walking towards the campsite.

Ramyon frowned. For a split second, he thought he had just found himself a friend. He watched Nido walk away; thinking that having a true friend aside from Vesta was too good to be true.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-


Ramyon and Nido didn’t speak to each other the entire afternoon; this unsettled Vesta who seemed to be rather excited early that day for some reason that somehow, Ramyon didn’t want to know.

He felt so depressed to know that it was a wasted… dream.

“Hey, what’s with the silence!” barked Vesta, in her very un-girlish way of expressing herself, “We’re here to explore and… uhm… be happy!”

Nido stared at her in bewilderment, while Ramyon looked like he was hit by a big truck of McJolly-on-the-Go that smelled awfully of rotten teeth.

Vesta grinned widely and looked at the two boys, expecting them to have the fun and energy of eight year old kids, but they just seemed to drag off on their stomachs like they were pigs who just ate.

Literally.

A red hot popping vein appeared from Vesta’s young face; somehow it was like a preview of what kind of life she was going to have when Ramyon gets older.

“YOU PIGS! YOU ATE ALL THE FOOD!! YOU DIDN’T LEAVE ME A SINGLE FOOD!!!” she screamed her lungs out and proceeded to bawling and wailing and… tantrums.

The camp instructor, upon hearing the awful noise that Vesta was making, immediately went to the scene. They shook their heads at Vesta while she was howling like an overgrown baby (never mind that she’s just 9 years old!), her camping dress was already wet, for which Ramyon had remembered clearly that it was the first time he’d seen her wet herself with her pee just because she wasn’t able to eat Mrs. Frigg’s chicken lollipop.

Vesta gave the two boys a tongue-in-cheek just before the camp instructors took her to their tent to give her something to eat. The boys laughed their hearts out as they watched her sort of sway her young hips without rhythm; the moment they looked at each other , their smiles faded from their faces.

“Uhm. Nido, about earlier…” said Ramyon as he wiped the dirt off his hands with his t-shirt.

Nido looked at him, as if he’d forgotten about their “talk” earlier, “What?”

“Er… nothing.”

Nido looked questioningly at Ramyon, then it seemed that it dawned to him, “Is it because of the chocolate crispies I ate?”

Okay, so it didn’t.

“No! That’s not what I meant!”

“Then what?”

“About… earlier. I…”

“Mmm?”

“Well…”

“Just forget about it.” Said Nido, who was helping himself of another piece of chocolate crispy, “Whatever it is…”

“But…”

“C’mon. Let’s go find the biggest tree in the city!” said Nido after finishing his last cookie.

“What?!” exclaimed Ramyon, he wasn’t used roaming around without Vesta by his side, “We can’t do that…”

“Of course we could, if we want to.” Nido replied as he stood up and wiped off the dirt from his hands using a white handkerchief, “It’s from my mum, if you’re going to ask.”

“But… what if they’d look for us?”

“Don’t worry. We’ll be back here in no time, besides, the cypress tree would be just there-” Nido pointed to the top of the mountain, from where they were standing it looked a bit near than it really is, “My brothers Callixto and Phomeas had went there and they said it was the biggest tree in the city, and you could see the whole city from the top of the tree!”

Ramyon wondered whether he was just kidding or not, but somehow, he wanted to see Mythil City… he tried to do it once from their narra tree in the Friggs’ but he got caught by Mr. Frigg and got a scolding afterwards.

“C’mon!” Nido stretched his right hand to the sitting boy, “Let’s go.”

Ramyon looked at the hand offered to him by Nido, and looked up at the boy. Maybe Nido really meant that he wanted to be friends with him… or maybe he was just trying to be friends with him and leave him later on… he had to decide.

He looked at his small hands, then back again at the inviting hand of the boy who had a toothy smile on his face.

“Yeah.” Ramyon muttered.

He grabbed Nido’s hand as the other boy pulled him up. Maybe, it was a good start.

A good start of a friendship that he’d treasure forever.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-


From the shades of the Pomerian tree, someone looked cross and disappointed at the same time as she watched the two run off to the forest.

“Just wait!” she frowned, “I’ll… be there before you could even reach that place!”


© Copyright 2007 Luna Addictus (UN: lunaaddictus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Luna Addictus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500917-Chapter-5