*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/501922-Sunday-41507
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#501922 added April 15, 2007 at 6:59pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday 4/15/07
I just got back from picking up Joe at his dad's. Joe was extremely hyper. I asked him if he took his meds today. He told me no, that he didn't. I asked him why he didn't ask his dad for his pills, and he told me that he was told that it was "too late" for him to take his meds. I asked Joe why his dad didn't give him his pills this morning, and Joe told me that his dad said that it was Joe's responsibility to remember to take his meds.

This pisses me off. The kid is 10 for crissakes. He's interested in PS2 and food. It's his DAD'S responsibility to make sure Joe gets his meds when Joe is with him. This is just another way Joe's dad refuses to take responsibility for his son. Rather than his dad just saying that he forgot, he puts the blame on Joe. I am so not happy with this. It is VITAL that Joe gets his meds first thing every morning. I can't give it to him now, because if I did, when he takes tomorrow morning's dosage, this evening's dosage will still be in his system. It would result in his being overmedicated and sluggish at school tomorrow.

Sometimes I wish that ....well, I'd better not put what I wish into print. It's not a nice wish. I'd better stop here.

My quote for today is: A wise person knows when it's time to shut up.

Thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/501922-Sunday-41507