*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502519-Wise-and-not-so-wise-words
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#502519 added April 18, 2007 at 10:50am
Restrictions: None
Wise and not so wise words.
I don’t have much to say, but I am full of thoughts. Some of them are funny, some profound, others strange, and still others not much of anything.

The funnies come from my own wittle mind, the profound come from others that I simply must share.

First, a funny.

letgocling talked about using God as a vending machine a few days ago. That analogy I still can’t get out of my head, especially when I pray. This weekend, I paused in my writing and asked God for guidance and focus. I then thought, “While you’re at it Mr Vending Machine, can I have a candy bar?”

She later asked me if I received it, but I had to admit, no I didn’t. For one, I didn’t have exact change, and secondly my single dollar bill was in too rough of shape to be accepted. I ate some Girl Scout cookies instead.

Second, a strange.

I was talking to a coworker, Ellen, about how certain music can grab a person. I’m not a fan of hard rock, but there’s one I described as: “Digging deep into the primal goo of my psyche.” I found that statement strange and interesting enough I made it my subtitle. I wish I could tell you the title and artist of the song, but after 10 minutes of internet searching I found nothing. One line of it (that I could understand amidst all the screaming) is “Let the bodies hit the floor.” If you know the song, please let me know.

Third, a profound!

After I leave a comment in someone’s blog, I rarely return to read what others have said after me. I like to highlight in subsequent entries what others have commented in mine for that reason. Plus quite often they touch me in ways I simply must share with those who missed it.

Kåre Enga in Montana responded to "The Blogville Doldrums with this: Odd to think of my gardening at this moment, but to garden, one has to plan for what will be, not what is. Only those who believe in the future can plant a sapling and see the tree.

Fourth, a simple.

I’ve decided to no longer call this place a blog, but a journal. I write to record this journey I call life, and journal expresses that better than blog.

Fifth, a because.

For those who fear I may be leaving, rest assured I won’t be. The two main reasons I already stated in "The Blogville Doldrums.

Okay, back to work for me. Have a happy hump day!

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502519-Wise-and-not-so-wise-words