*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502797-Chpt-5-The-Nameless-Hunky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1250562
A love novel with a little more complication & a little more realism.(UPDATED DAILY)
#502797 added May 17, 2007 at 2:02pm
Restrictions: None
(Chpt 5) The Nameless Hunky
Saturday morning I woke up a head pounding and  wondered where I was. I came to the realization that I was in my own bed, in my own place and smiled. At least I was in my own place, I thought happily. The clock showed 10am. Not bad, I thought, still a full day of recovery ahead of me. I rolled over a little snuggling into my covers a little more when I felt strange feet by mine. My heart stopped abruptly. I slowly turned my head and saw Him there next to me. I thought I was going to throw up. I lifted up the covers an inch or two, just enough to see that we were both totally naked. f***! I am an idiot! This is Marlene’s friend, my boss Marlene. And the other boss; Ben. What have I done?
"Good morning to you to" the strange body groaned.
"Hi" I mumbled pulling the covers over my face as if it would make him vanish.
"Last night was great" he said, putting his arm around me and pulling me closer to him. That's when it all came painfully back. The whole evening, the cab, elevator, living room, bedroom, shower and bedroom again. I was ashamed of myself for asking him such a thing but not for long. I remembered how amazing it had all been and how long it had been pre-him, that I stopped feeling ashamed. I decided that embarrassed and dirty was a better fit.
"mhm" I said.
"Aw don't get shy on me now." he said, and kissed me lightly on the side of my lips. Yep, it all came back all over again. The shower, the kitchen, quietly in the living room so not to wake the roomies, the bedroom, the bedroom and the bedroom. It was wild.
"I'm just tired" I lied. I had had the best sleep of my life.
"We only went to bed five hours ago Missy" and he squeezed my side. I rolled over, put covers in-between our naked bodies and looked him square in the eye as angry and seriously as possible.
"Whatever happened last night, however many times, I am not that kind of girl. I do not do this ever. I am not easy or sleazy and I do not know you. And whatever you do, don't call me Missy. I'm not a barn animal and I'm not a three year old in trouble" I thought that sounded stern enough, but he laughed at me anyway.
"Ok."
"Ok? That's all that your going to say?" I was panicing and embarrase and he found it amusing. What was wrong with the world?
"I'll take your word for it."
"Well none of this would have happened if it weren't for you bringing me drinks all night."
"If you hadn't worn such a sexy dress with sexy lace panties we wouldn't be in this predicament right now would we?" he was trying to be funny, but he wasn't. Now I remember more of the cab ride and my stupid comments which at the time, I had thought to be quite seductive. I was an idiot at least 10 times over.
"You're not funny" was all I managed to say.
"I can leave" he offered "But I don't want to yet."
"Why not?" I liked the offer.
"Because, I enjoy your company" I pretended to wonder why and rolled my eyes.
"You don't remember last night do you?" his eyes widened in amusement.
"Bits and pieces" I confessed quietly, fiddling with the covers I had shoved between us. It was the strangest situation I hava ever unintentionally put myself in. It was worse than the time my braces got locked with another boys and we had to go to the dentist to be removed from one another.
"We were at a party that you organized for Marlene and Ben. I was your date for the night. You also referred to me as your savior once or twice if I recall correctly. Then, as a good date should, I hailed you a cab and I escorted you home. I got out of the cab so you could slide out. I wasn't about to let an intoxicated woman walk into oncoming traffic. We were standing outside the cab and you invited me up. Now we are here"
"Don’t talk to me like I'm four thank you very much. Just get out." I slid out of bed so he wouldn't see me naked again and started putting on whatever clothes I could find. He laid in bed quite content to laugh at me. As I stood up, completely covered, his eyes followed my every move and I couldn't help but  feel a little flattered.
"Up!" I raised my voice and threw one of his heavy shoes at him.
The shoe was all that had been reachable and the only thing that I knew was heavy enough for me to throw and actually hit him. I want him to know that I was serious when I was telling him to leave, I wanted to be taken serisouly. I hit him right in the face though! He was no longer laughing but holding his nose as it was slowing starting to drip dark red blood.
"s***! I'm so sorry" and I really was. I jumped across the bed with Kleenex from my bed side table and tilted  his head slightly.
"That was a decent throw" he mumbled through a wad of tissue and gently pushed me away. He held the tissue in one hand and started getting dressed with the other. I felt awful. I just wanted to hit him in the chest hard, not draw blood. 'Serves him right in a way.' I thought ' I told him to get out and obviously he didn't move quick enough. Not my fault. Loser.'
"Well thank you for the great time, it was a bowl full of fun." It sounded like he had a grin on his face, a small one, but I couldn't see it through the white wad of Kleenex. As he walked, finally fully clothed, towards the door I found myself stepping between him and his exit.
"Please, let me take a look at it. I don’t want to be responsible for damaging you for  life" This time I could clearly see his picture perfect smile.
I lowered the hand that held his nose and could see no real damage, it had even stopped bleeding which I took as a good sign. I lightly touched the bridge of his nose.
"Ouch!" he yelped in pain and I jumped back, startled.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to ..." He started laughing hysterically and I hit him in the arm. Again...jerk!
"You can go now" I moved out of his way, but in spite of myself I was smiling. He turned around to look at me and put his heavy hands on both my shoulders. It looked like he was about to say something when I kissed him.
My head was spinning. One second about I wanted his sorry ass out of my bed room and now I'm kissing him again. What is wrong with me?
"I'm sorry" I blushed, pulling away and looking at my feet.
"Don’t be" and he walked out of my bedroom.

--

"Is that the guy? The one I told you to sleep with? Is that the guy who JUST left our place?" Ava was in happy hysterics.
"Yes it is. For the one billionth time Ava, it's not a big deal. I was much more drunk that I thought I was and it was nice to just be carefree" I felt like a big slut. I didn't like being that carefree but I didn't need Ava going on about how 'being carefree is what young is all about.'
"So what's Hunky's name?' Mark inquired from the old green sofa. He was always included in our girl talk and sometimes I really thought he liked it.
"His name?" I muttered. I almost tumbled off my stool. I DONT KNOW HIS NAME! My head was pounding trying to come up with it, but I couldn’t. No memory of his name was anywhere to be found.
"You don't know his name!?" Ava squealed like she was 13 again.
"Of course I do, I just can't remember it at the moment, to hung over I guess." This was horrible! This was like a bad chick flick come to life. Now all I need was to get pregnant and die from a foreign STD. We did use a condom didn't we? Dear lord. Please don't let me become a Mommy at my tender age or die from some STD. I'm better than that. I'll never drink again or have sex until I'm married...ok well I wont be doing either for a long time but I promise I'll never have sex with a one nighter ever again, that much is for sure. Thanks so much God. Amen.
Ava was yakking excitedly in the background but I just ignored her. I was so overwhlemed with fear that I had to keep reminding myself to blink and breathe. My imagination always got the better of me and this was just ridiculas. I was not going to get pregnant with 35 little Hims and I was not going to be the carrier of a brand new STD that makes your skin turn blue. I was not that girl. I was the girl that will see the other poor girl on Oprah, feel sorry for that real girl and send some charity money so they can work towards a cure for her weird illness.
I went back to my room and tore it up. I stripped my beloved queen sized bed and cleaned the bedding three times, I threw out the lacy panties that used to make me feel so sexy (even if no one saw them) and I scrubbed everything in my room with Lysol disinfecting wipes. Hours later when I allowed myself to crash on the sofa in the living room, I felt a small wave of relief. I had been intending to violently clean my room for months now and I managed it all in the matter of hours. It hadn't been as bad as I imagined it to be. Then the second, much larger, more appreciated wave of relief hit me. I would never have to see Him again! We don’t work together or know any of the same people really. There are the Ellerslie's but they never invite me to their friend things and they don't typically invite friends to work things. Thank f***ing god. With this revelation I hopped into the shower for the fifth time that day and got ready for a night on the town with the girls.

© Copyright 2007 Anna-Beth Hall (UN: anna-beth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Anna-Beth Hall has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502797-Chpt-5-The-Nameless-Hunky