*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502889-New-Computer
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#502889 added April 20, 2007 at 1:46am
Restrictions: None
New Computer?
I feel like I'm going thru a stage of all work and no play because I've had so much to keep me busy. By next Monday I should be somewhat caught up. Then I'm calling my computer geeks to take my computer away and fix it. My mom's offered to help me out with a new computer, and I'm really excited because I didn't anticipate a new computer in my life for a long time. I hadn't even been looking, so now I need to make up for lost time. If anybody reading this knows about investing in applications on a new computer, drop me an email. I'm probably going with Dell, as they seem to be realtively easy to fix. That's what they have at the DCCCD colleges for computer classes. Interested in the VAIO too maybe, just because I like Panasonic products,

I'm pretty sure I want a notebook, and somehow perhaps patch the nice old desktop to maintain what all is happening presently. I can't part with all that's on the hard drive, but my friendly geek did offer to save whatever I wrote down for him. I guess I can put all the info on CD. It's just going to be a problem that my info is more scattered than organiuzed on My Computer *Smile* A chance for spring cleaning in my computer world.

I'll probably just be without my desktop for a few days, but it's always weird when there's not a computer around. I just hope it down't totally crash until I'm prepared toi be without it. The Rhapsody program popped up to show something, but instead it just kept opening new windows. I knew it was going to go black before I could close the program. I'm thinking I should just uninstall Rhapsoday. It was the Roxio music program that corrupted my files, and I can tell my music habits aren't healthy for my computer. Music seems to often cuase me and my applications some problems.

Looking at the Dell sight, it seems that multimedia capabliity is all the rage now. Since I'm wanted to add that aspect to my writing of articles and such, I guess I have some studying to do. Good time to pick up a computer magazine or two, and get some news from a few web sites on a regular basis for awhile. I'm hooked up with technorati. I wonder how I come across such good sites, cuz I really don't go looking for computer info sites. Somehow, they find me. It's more likely robots than magic.

This will be my second computer to decide what I want on it. My first one in 1999 came already put together from People PC. It was a good started, but I killed it in a couple of years. My destruction comes from gaps in knowledge, rather than anything malicious. I did so-so last time ordering compoments for my Inspiration that I've got now.

I don't get out in the world to experience other people's computers, so I really haven't been in a position to know what I'm missing. I'm happy with the computer I've got. I think I've probably had it for 4 or five years. Every so often, you do have to reinvest in equipment. Sure is an expense though.

I have a nice desk and office, and I'm going to explore desktops too. It might be an advantage to keep the computer and all its business out of my lap, cuz I know if I can move it, the computer will be going in the car and everywhere I go. It'll be nice to be able to carry it to Mom's house and use it.

If she'd cooperate, I'd set up the old computer at her house. But she's still computer shy, and at almost 85, I'm not gonna push her to learn what she down't want to tackle. I'm really grateful for her help.

My sleeping schedules is regularly irregular again. I stay up a night or two, and two days, and then sleep for about 18 hours. It's getting to be a regular routine, and a good sleep really makes me feel better. I have a doc's appointment for next week. If I bring it up he'd change my meds, but I don't keel like it's a med issue. I have sleeping pills to take, but it's my body cycle running my adrenalin or something. It's getting to be spring too, and that always lightens me up from winter depression. I'm just not ready to sleep every night.

Except for anonoying everyone in contact with me, I don't see my sleeping schedule as a problem. It puts me out of touch for a day every once in awhile. Ravi called to try to get me to verify I'd received his FAX, but I was sleeping and couldn't shake it off to wake up. I sleep real hard.

I did get his FAX. I got an e-mail program from GoDaddy.com that acts like a FAX. It charges per amount of use, and you buy service at a monthly fee, plus the amount of time. His FAX came throught weird. He said it was four pages, but I received 11 pages, with duplicates of the original 4. And the FAX charged for 26 minutes. I thought it said a couple of minutes per page, which I guess works out. I don't know if Ravi doubled the pages or my FAX did it. I received his paperwork anyhow, and I should send hime an e-mail that says so. I'll do that next.

After that I'm giving the big go to the mineral make-up article to spin. Article spiing is a bit of different kind of writing. The guy, Harold, who I'm working for sent me to a web site to download a program that practically does the work for you. It counts keywords, and gives SEO percentages. I ran thru the information I first received, printing articles, circling, and counting, and seeing where to rephrase what in which position. I worked with it to my satisfactioon, then discovered it wasn't the correct material. I promised it to the guy on Friday, so I've got to start with no time to spare.

I need to see where the International Date Line is. He's in Malaysia, and I want to get it to him by his Friday. Funny how things work out. Having a positive attitude really helps--and I'm up to it (with sleep) these days.

I need to get the new prompt ready for next month's UWW workshop too. I have at least two participants. I may run an add to see if more people want a copy of the literary techniques PowerPoint presentation. I'll share it with whoever wants it, and it's a good bit of info for writers. If anybody reading this wants to see it, drop me a note.
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502889-New-Computer