*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503407-mrs-alicia-green
by alicia
Rated: 13+ · Book · Teen · #1127916
My first attempt at a novel.. about a dysfunctional young writer.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#503407 added April 22, 2007 at 5:01pm
Restrictions: None
mrs. alicia green
"James...? James, you're not even listening to me, " I pleaded.
The boy sitting in front of my desk just stared, emotionless, back at me. After a moment, he nodded, retorting,
"You're right, miss." .
"Okay James, maybe you don't understand. First of all, why do you think you're here right now, talking to me? Tell me."
"Because I have to be."
"And why do you 'have to be'?" I challenged him. Maybe this would be a tough egg to break, but I was determined to scramble him.
He sighed, frusterated at my seeming interogation. "Why are you asking me? You've already heard the story from my parents. I f***ing fried an itty bitty mouse in my microwave." His lips curled up at his last sentence.
"...So you think this mandatory therapy is your punishment for killing a mouse?"
"I guess."
I bit my tongue, trying to mask my personal feelings with more professional, helpful reasoning.
"Listen... Maybe the mouse incident is what triggered your parents to come to me, but that's not why your here. You're here because you obviously need something, and its my job to try and figure out what that 'something' is."
He smirked and, dripping with sarcasm, "Then tell me, miss. What is it that I despritely need?"
"You tell me, James".

....*silence*.....

© Copyright 2007 alicia (UN: lightmyfire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
alicia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503407-mrs-alicia-green