*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503672-The-dangers-of-WUIE
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#503672 added April 23, 2007 at 1:04pm
Restrictions: None
The dangers of WUIE
I was re-reading a piece I recently had reviewed by someone. The review was encouraging and the author commented on my sharing, as if it had been somehow brave of me to be so honest. I noted the title and immediatly had to go back and take a look at what my own words had been. I realized at once, this piece was as raw as they come. Once I read it, I remembered exactly the moment I'd written it. It was one of those nights, following one of those days when it seemed I was vunerable to every colorful emotion available in my wide repertoire. I was as surprised by the honest, open and often brutal way I had expressed my feelings. I think perhaps I should have taken more care with my words, however, that would be a lot like censoring myself and that would not be true to me. Yet still, I'm not often revealing as this piece would indicate. Typically I hold back, even just a little of myself but apparently my guard was down. Those are the dangers of WUE, Writing Under Infuence of Emotions!

© Copyright 2007 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503672-The-dangers-of-WUIE