*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504165-It-happened-to-me
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#504165 added April 25, 2007 at 7:25pm
Restrictions: None
It happened to me
And to think that it showed up in Kenzie(kin's) mail....

You remember? "And to think that it happened on Mulberry Streety?" Oh never mind.

I was not online or one WDC much today, 'cause I was making sure my computer was in tip-top shape. Or as tip-toppy as it can be. I was supposed to be doing an interactive online survey at 6 p.m. and wanted to make sure my computer was as good as it could be. I polished and tweaked and everything. Of course, way too many people logged in for the survey and instead of spending 90 minutes and getting $30, I'll get a few bucks for trying. Oh well.

Anyway, at some point I realized that I could use hubby's computer while mine was doing scan disk and defrag and whatever other hoops I made it jump. *Bigsmile*

There sure were a bunch of emails in my inbox. I pondered that a minute, then realized that it was newsletter day and I subscribe to a few. But there were also quite a few emails from one particular writer. Five to be exact.

Those emails all had the same subject too. Re: Review of item #xxxxxx. I pondered that for a minute. Wondered if this person, whose handle was not familiar to me, actually responded to a review I did 5 times or if he/she hit the button too many times. Or, maybe he/she was just using the reply button instead of typing my name in the "to" line. I just didn't know.

I kicked back and started reading. My chair - well hubby's chair, since I was using his computer - was tilted back a bit and I was settling in to get comfy and read my emails here at the friendly WDC place. But as I started reading, I leaned forward right about the time that the kitty thought she would join me on the chair. We both almost toppled over. And why, you might ask? Because of what I read in the first email.

My, my, this person must have had me confused with someone else. Yep, that must be it. 'Cause this guy had sent me a downright nastygram (as Budroe says). Well, actually, 5 nastygrams. The first was a bit nasty, and by the time he had typed the last one (5 in about 65 minutes), it was really, really bad. He called me names (*itch and *nal *itch), told me that I had no idea what good writing was and said I had no sense of humor. (Moi? Come on.)

I looked at the few lines I had sent as a review. Then I read his work again, since I really didn't remember it. It had been a few days...

You know, some folks think that I send blanket good reviews to everyone, but that's just not true. This guy would tell you that. If something touches me, I'll say that. If I think it needs work, I'll say that too. This one needed work, in my opinion. And it was titled a joke and I could not find any humor in it. Rather, I thought it was mean and mean spirited and said so. Even so, those of you who know me by now, know that I said that as kindly as I knew how.

And yet this person shot off 5 emails to me, each one worse than the last.

Sigh. I thought about responding, but really didn't want to get into a back and forth with this guy. I also didn't want anyone else subjected to the abuse I received. So I reported it as harrassment, since the dude had sent me 5 emails in 65 minutes all about the same one writing of his and one review of mine.

Y'all can report harrassment too, if you get any.
 Submit a Complaint  (E)
Use this form to submit a harassment complaint concerning another Writing.Com member.
#283891 by Writing.Com Support
Just make sure it's really abuse. *Smile*


© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504165-It-happened-to-me