*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504226-Oh-OhHere-Comes-Prada
by katsy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #1037161
humorous and serious observations of life
#504226 added April 26, 2007 at 5:23am
Restrictions: None
Oh Oh...Here Comes Prada
You know, life can be so sweet. Last week I decided to go on a shopping spree on EBAY. I really needed some slippers and since I live in a small town where shopping for shoes means WalMart or cowboy boots, Ebay is my shoe shop of choice. So, I logged on Ebay, went to women's shoes and started my shopping. After an hour or so I finally came across a listing that stated that the shoes offered were: 1) the right size, 2) the right price (this means cheap), 3) had leather soles which really hold up to the wear, and 4) were gray (which really didn't thrill me, but hey, I only wear them in the house, right? So, I made a bid and held my breath. Two days later I got an email announcing that I had won them.

Well, today they arrived. And, it turned out to be a good/bad situation. First, they aren't flat, they have a 2 inch heel, and that's not good for slouching around the house in the morning with my wake up cup of coffee. They were gray alright....gray satin! While I was sitting and rumminating over whether to keep them or send them back, my husband picked up one of the shoes and began to look it over. After a few minutes he said a prolonged 'hhmmmm'.

"What?" I asked.

"Have you looked at the bottom of these shoes," he replied.

"No, why?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing...." he mused for a moment. "I guess it's really true," he finally added, his eyes dancing mischievously.

"What's really true," I asked curiously, turning the shoe in my hand over and looking at the bottom. And then I saw it. PRADA MILANO

My eyes flew to his in shock and then they narrowed in warning. "Don't you dare say it," I told him.

He laughed. "The Devil Wears Prada", he hooted and took off at a run for the door.

I threw the shoe at him but missed. I could hear him laughing as he headed toward the living room. "He didn't even like that movie," I fumed silently. But, then I began to smile. Here I was, the proud? owner of a pair of $500 Prada shoes that I paid less than $15.00 for. But, could I ever wear them in front of my husband without sending him into repeated gales of laughter?

Oh, well, laughter is good for the soul, right? Life can be so sweet!




© Copyright 2007 katsy (UN: feyrhy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
katsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504226-Oh-OhHere-Comes-Prada