*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504347-Condo-and-Townhouse-Associations-the-American-Nightmare
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #1251394
My personal thoughts on news, world events, Items of interest, ect...ect...
#504347 added April 26, 2007 at 6:19pm
Restrictions: None
Condo and Townhouse Associations, the American Nightmare!
Condo and Townhouse Associations the American Nightmare

I purchased a townhouse last year. It was my first home purchase, and at the time I felt proud of the accomplishment, considering the cost of housing in the Chicago suburbs.

As the year has progressed, however I have found that my piece of the American dream is clouded by a much bigger piece of old style communistic hardliner governing system, known as “The Association”. (Cue the ominous music.)

“The Association” are a group of political type storm troopers which spend every second of their monthly meetings, trying to find ways to worm their way into your home and control every aspect of your life, by issuing edicts and proclamations, which control how you park your car, (on the apron you own, in front of the garage you own) and decorate your home. (You must submit proof of liability insurance, a contractors license number, a building permit issued by the town, and a diagram of the changes made, before approval to plant flowers.)

I am soon going to have 3 licensed drivers in my household. Thus any reasonable person can see that I will then need space to park a 3rd car. I have only parking for 2 cars so I must go to “The Association” for a permit to park a third on the street. I’m told that the parking permits are now handled by an outside contracted parking administrator. They say that “We only allow street parking for guests, you are allowed 4 guest passes per month.” I tell them that the 3rd car is for my daughter “A permanent resident of my house.” The answer that the association gives me is “Your family is too large, Move out!”

Now we aren’t talking about a BIG family here…we are talking about a man, his girlfriend, and a teenage girl… NOT grandpa Walton and 3 concurrent generations of family!

What’s next…are they going to tell me which way to wipe, forwards or backwards, next time I have a bowel movement!

What about the money we residents send in every month. Six times this past winter I had to shovel snow from my walkway, and driveway entrance. The bushes in front of my house haven’t been trimmed in at least 2 years, and my daughter, a certified lifeguard, can’t use the pool without me being present because she isn’t 18. She is the same age as the hired lifeguard who is not a resident!


Their outside contracted parking administrator, and landscaping contract are only the first in a long line of mismanagement of funds, I am sure.

Then I’m told that if I don’t like the current administration I can vote them out next election….Who would I vote for?….I don’t now, nor do I want to know any of these people.

My only hope for real American freedom, is to sell and run as soon as my daughter graduates high school.

Want to bet on how long it takes me to list this hell hole?

© Copyright 2007 Procrastination inc. (UN: jsim153125 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Procrastination inc. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504347-Condo-and-Townhouse-Associations-the-American-Nightmare