*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504358-42607
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#504358 added April 26, 2007 at 7:14pm
Restrictions: None
4/26/07
I got called into the "Big Boss's" office today. This rarely happens, so when it does, it really gets the heart racing. Especially when you hear, "close the door and have a seat." I was thinking "oh s***!"

He hands me a form and asks me to sign it. It was a request for Superior Performance Recognition!!!! I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not sure if this is for a paper award, plaque, etc or a merit increase. I'm just happy that my work has been officially recognized by my supervisors.

A merit increase would be a huge blessing. I took the brunt of the leave without pay I had to take from my surgery and Joe's flu on last month's paycheck, but I'm getting the remainder of the hit on this month, about $500 short. So I've had to do the "who can I not pay" scramble again this month. I can't not pay the bills this month that I didn't pay last month, so I've got to not pay something else. sigh

I really hate worrying about money. I wish I could be rich instead of beautiful, but I got what I got and I'll get through it. I've certainly been through much worse, and I'll get through this. There are those that have it much worser than I do so I remember to be thankful for what I have. There are people who would LOVE to have hot dogs and hamburger helper over and over again, and would never complain a bit, so I'm not going to either. Instead, I'll bow my head and give thanks that I have a meal, and a roof over my head, and an education, and health and a job, and a vehicle, and clean clothes to wear, and health insurance, and shoes, and a bed to sleep in, and............ok, you get the idea.

My quote today is: Everyone has something to be thankful for, sometimes they just forget to look.

Thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504358-42607