*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504523-Word-Processing-Irony
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1253536
Opinions, experiences, and maybe even knowledge! (No, not that!)
#504523 added April 27, 2007 at 12:55pm
Restrictions: None
Word Processing Irony
I hate word processors.  Really I do.  So much so, that I've gone to using WordPad (the simpleton WP that comes with Microsoft Windows) for virtually all of my writing writing (how's that for great grammar!).  But even then, I find I must [Paste Special -> Unformatted Text] else I get formatting (spacing, etc.) I can't undo or reformat. Grrrsh!! *Frown*.

I especially hate 'styles'. (Whoever invented 'styles' should be shot!! *Angry*. )  I create one, apply it, and get text that's all over the place with 14,000 different fonts and font sizes. (I kiss the person who invented undo! *Heart* ). And, once you finally get the 'style' right, you must save it within a template to use it again, which means you have to create a new document, load the styles from the previous document within which you created the style, apply it, then save it as a template. Now, be careful!  Save your carefully-crafted template to a place you'll remember where the hell you save it, but, then, your word processor may not be able to find it..... *Confused*

AND I'M A "COMPUTER PERSON"! *Shock*  I can doll out a media player (audio and video) in 15 different computer languages and using 17 different "software technologies" (don't ask...), and modify the Window Registry (definitely don't ask...!) for everything from Automatic Logon to moving the default 'My Music' folder to creating a new file type complete with 'Program associations'. And, hey, I "get" spreadsheets, and databases as complex as SQL Server.  But, give me a word processor, and I descend to the level of the average blathering computer user!!! *Shock*  Me!  How uncouth.... *nose-in-air*

Ah, well, what is life without irony hear and there...  I mean, how many auto designers can't drive a "stick"??? (shut up, Susan!)


© Copyright 2007 Freddie E (UN: freddye3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Freddie E has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504523-Word-Processing-Irony