*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504694-24-Odd-Spots-Of-Bother-and-Tongue-Twisting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#504694 added April 28, 2007 at 8:47am
Restrictions: None
24 Odd Spots Of Bother and Tongue Twisting
Ok, here are some new odd spots. I know you've all been eager for new and interesting snippets of trivia just just NEEDED to know about. I'm pleased to once again bring you a mixture of the weird and wonderful, curtesy of Libra.

269: The garfish has green bones.
275: Hair grows slowest at night.
210: The skeleton of a 70kg body weighs about 13kgs.
165: If you have ozostomia, you are suffering from halitosis, or bad breath.
121: A woman's arthritic pains will almost always disappear when she becomes pregnant.
012: Ice cream was invented in China around 2000 B.C.
063: Cold water weighs less than hot.
246: The top cork-producing countries in the world are Spain, Portugal and Algeria.
148: A "vamp" is the upper front top of a shoe.
143: 48 teaspoons make up one cup.
096:Your body makes a new lining for your stomach every 3 days.
318: Cabbage is 91% water.
136: Cows, rice fields and garbage dumps are the largest producers of methane gas.
260: The statuette on Rolls Royces is called The Spirit of Ecstasy.
077: In ancient times, parsley wreaths were used to ward off drunkenness.
211: A Boeing 747 plane holds about 216,846 litres of fuel.
236: When first born a shrimp is male. Over time it gradually evolves to a female.
205: Argentineans eat more meat then any other nation in the world.
003: Americans consume about 100 acres of pizza per day.
056: It is estimated that a plastic container will not decompose for as long as 50,000 years.
158: The only part of the human anatomy that has no blood supply is the cornea.
032: Penguins have an organ above their eyes that changes seawater to freshwater.
115: A body temerature of over 42 degrees is fatal.
195: The skin of baby mice is so transparent that you can see the milk flowing into them as they suckle.

So, now you know. Stay tuned for more odd spots next monthish.

In other interesting news I've been ensuring my tongue remains agile. *chuckles* Tirzah recently did an essay for "Invalid Item about Dr. Seuss which sparked me into investing in a bunch of his books for me and my kids. Tonight my tongue is well and truly worked out from reading four Dr. Seuss books. They truly are a tantalising tongue twisting taste of torture. lol I must invest in even more. *chuckles* I might just have to get his entire works.

Dr. Seuss' book are fantastic for mastering pronounciation and learning which words have similar sounds. *Smile* Another educational tool, FOR ME! MINE!!! *looks greedily and keeps the books out of her kids hands* lol I'll read the books to them but they're on my writing shelf not the kids bookshelf.

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504694-24-Odd-Spots-Of-Bother-and-Tongue-Twisting