*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/505611-Thinking-and-Unthinking
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#505611 added May 2, 2007 at 9:23am
Restrictions: None
Thinking and Unthinking
Isn't it strange how we can come to points where it just feels like our brains shut down? I feel like that right now. There is so much going on and yet it feels like overload, shutdown. I can't seem to pull enough threads of thought together to stimulate any particular idea or focus on any specific topic. This whirlwind of everything and nothing is something I'm coming up against more and more often. I wonder what it is. What causes it?

Sometimes I think psychiatrists could spend years studying me. *chuckles* That sense of just being insane is actually rather relaxing. I don't believe there is any 'normal' way to feel and I've just come to accept my strangeness.

Of course, moods like these make it hard to work. They make it hard to do anything at all really. I can't settle into a good mindless movie or read a book or write or even get housework done. I can walk half the length of the room and have completely forgotten where I was going and why. I can be mid-sentence and my train of though will have me tripping over, trying to remember what I was going to say. Even typing this I'm constantly tapping the backspace because my mind won't even focus well enough to spell and type correctly.

I don't know the point of this entry. Except perhaps in that it IS an entry. Another tick on my schedule. Another task crossed off my to do list. Another sign of my dedication to writing every day. Rambling words that go no where mightn't lead into any sort of interesting blog entry but it's another few hundred words I wrote today. Another day I wrote. Another validation that I AM a writer. *Smile*

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/505611-Thinking-and-Unthinking