*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506228-Friday-5407
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#506228 added May 4, 2007 at 7:36pm
Restrictions: None
Friday 5/4/07
I spoke with the Dean (aka chief disciplinarian). As soon as I mentioned this kid's name, there was a major groan, an eye roll and a hand put on the forehead. Judging by the reaction, it was quite obvious that there have been several incidents with this boy. It is well known that this kid is a jerk, and from what I understood of the conversation, the parental units don't seem to care.

The Dean stated that what happened would indeed be considered bullying, and that the incident would be documented, and Sebastian and his parental unit will be contacted and put on notice that further behaviors of this sort will not be tolerated. I was also informed that the Dean has the authority to suspend students for bullying. Good to know.

The Dean will also speak to Joe to let him know that the incident is being documented and reassure him of the importance of reporting such incidents, and that this behavior is not acceptable, whether done by him or to him.

In case some view what happened differently than I do, please let me say that I do understand the "boys will be boys" mentality, and that some may see situations like this as a rite of passage. I respectfully disagree, while acknowledging my personal bias at the same time. Whether it's my child or someone elses, I just do not see this as acceptable behavior.

I believe that we teach others how to treat us. If this is not addressed now, it sends the message that it's ok to treat others poorly, and worse yet, it sends a message to my son that he can't count on me to be his advocate. I will NOT send that message. I'd rather over react on the side of caution than have my child feel that I don't care about what happens to him. If I'm wrong, then so be it.

Remember, it's not about the stoopid quarter, it's about treating others with courtesy and respect and not as lower life forms. I see this kid as a potential "Cho", and will do whatever I can to make sure that my son doesn't perceive school as a hostile environment due to this brat's behavior.

Hopefully this will all blow over now. Thanks for coming by,
Curls

ps. pray for this boy and his parental units. I'm scared for his future.

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506228-Friday-5407