*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507424-51007
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#507424 added May 10, 2007 at 7:55am
Restrictions: None
5/10/07
I've been kinda cheating lately on my blog, and cutting and pasting items rather than just writing something out of my head. Haven't really had much that I've wanted to talk about.

Today, I'm taking Joe to Occupational Therapy and then to the Dentist. This is his regular checkup. Last month he had the $700 procedure, of which I paid my half, but the donkey hasn't paid his share. No surprise. So, I'm going to have to pay his half, then take him back to court to get it added to the child support arrearage. Then there's today's appointment, and I know he's not going to pay on that either.

I sure wish the donkey would get a job that would allow him to pull his share of Joe's financial needs, but that would mean that he'd have to be responsible and <gasp> actually think about what he's doing, rather than whine about how s***ty his life is.

I guess he's still expecting all the answers to fall from the sky and drop in his lap rather than take and assertive approach and go after it and get it. He's never been a proactive person, so it's unrealistic to expect him to start now. I'm such a proactive person, it drives me nuts to see folks wallowing in the misery of their lives, but not doing anything about it, and waiting to be "rescued". I just can't comprehend living that way.

Every week, Joe's occupational therapy is a $25 copay. It's adding up. He's not going to pay on that either, so I'm gonna have to find a way. sigh. It sucks, but ya know, I'm managing it. I have a roof over my head, and food on the table. I got what I need, and am making sure Joe gets what he needs. It's aggrivating and definately frustrating, but really, there are so many people who have it so much worse, what right do I have to whine??? I'd rather spend my time counting my blessings, like when Joe comes up to me and says "Huggie??" and holds his arms open......<smile> Just makes it worth it all.

Work is going well, continued training all yesterday afternoon. The person I'm training is getting it, learning it, but not yet confident in her ability. It won't take her long. She's just gotta get in there and work her accounts. The more she does that, the more confidence she'll gain.

Well, time to hit the road. Peace to all who read this.
Thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507424-51007