*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509256-51707
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#509256 added May 17, 2007 at 9:13pm
Restrictions: None
5/17/07
Finally! I got my car back! Whooohooo!!! after 2 months of it being in the shop it's finally back. I'm so glad I got the service agreement. The repair was over $900, and then if you add on the towing, and the free loaner, the service agreement has just paid for itself in this one repair. I'm very happy about that.

On the down side, I've been used to driving the loaner vehicle, an 07 Taurus with power steering. My car has rack and pinion steering. Remember, my hands are still quite weak, and just driving it this evening, I can feel the pull in both my wrists. Guess I'll have to go back to wearing my wrist supports until I get used to it.Still, it ain't that bad. They've hurt so much worse in the past, I can deal with this.

I also got something else resoved finally today. Since the beginning of April, I've been asking the Donkey what we were going to do for Summer care for Joe. Joe isn't permitted to attend the YMCA because the donkey hasn't paid his half of what was due for last year. I offered that I could keep Joe with me for a month, and he could have Joe with him for a month, and then we would split the first two weeks of August. After being told he "needed to think about it", then being told he "should know by the end of the week", then being told he'll "have an answer by the end of the day" none of which ever happened, mind you, I called him this am and told him I needed an answer. He's agreed to keep Joe for June, and I get him for July.

Works for me because I have jury duty in June and have to travel out of town for business. The part that pisses me off is that he won't take Joe to his therapy appointments. Taking him to therapy would be implying that he's acknowledged Joe's diagnosis of autism, which he's still in denial about. sigh. so, no therapy in June. But I'm glad I don't have to scramble to find child care for June now. I was really worried about that, and its good to have this resolved.

My quote today is: Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Thanks for coming by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509256-51707