*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510278-Chapter-Two---Nexus
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1262728
A young adult (8-13) fantasy book about a time of Gods and warriors.
#510278 added May 24, 2007 at 3:04pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Two - Nexus
“My baby,” Charis whispered, the look of pending death faint in her eyes.  She immediately recognized he was special.  She could see a light of true power emanating from inside the little boy.  It is hard to say whether it was the fact that she had just given birth or that she was about to die that she could see into this boy’s soul and future, but when she did she both gave him a powerful name and cried for her baby.

Charis was a good women, respected by many in her clan, who have fallen in love with the wrong man and if she had lived through childbirth this story would have turned out very differently. 


**********************************************************


The Medicine Women tracked down the boy’s father the day after he was born and turned him over to the wrong man to raise a child such as this one.

“Your future is with Nexus now.” She declared leaving the baby in his arms and slowly returning to her home.

“I don’t…  I can’t…”

Chilton was not ready to care for a child.  He could barely take
© Copyright 2007 kuttuks (UN: kuttuks05 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kuttuks has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510278-Chapter-Two---Nexus