*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510399-Dating-and-my-mother
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1253258
Work + Family + Boys =Complicated. I have questions that need answers!!
#510399 added May 22, 2007 at 11:49pm
Restrictions: None
Dating and my mother.
I've met someone who is very nice. He makes me laugh, he can hold an intelligent conversation, he's ambitious and successful, he's cultured, he's a total goof and he's a great listner without being overly sympathetic but more realistic. He tells me when I'm being stupid of when I'm really onto something without being mean and condisending.
He's only 20 and owns a brand new house with his brother, a brand new car, travels, great clothes and still manages to save.Yes these are material things but they aren't the point. They show me that he can manage his money...he has his shit together!
He's social! He's into family! He's really open!!! He's sanitary! He has straight teeth! He's tall! He's happy! He doesnt do drugs or drink and drive! He makes you feel comfortable! He loves his job! He likes learning! He's borderline perfect!!!
In all fairness I've just met him and I'm still getting to know him. What I know I like...but I have a problem and a half. I know it sounds funny but it really is a problem and a half. The half problem is that I live two hours away. It's only a slight problem because two hours can be over come without any one relocating. It just sucks.
The real problem is that he works with my mother! They are employed by the same company. Mom introduced us and we went out one night and had a really great time. Now we talk on the phone and I'm going up to see him and the parents this upcoming weekend. She has however, without a doubt or loop whole in sight, made it clear that I am not to do ANYTHING with this boy other than friend things.
"You will not touch, dance, kiss, hug, have sex with, look at, flirt, hold hands, day dream or string along this boy!" she said. "I work with him. No one I work with will ever date you." She announced this to my entire family on the weekend.
I was not making plans to 'date' this boy but I would be lieing if I said I wasn't interested in this boy. He intrigues me; I always have a question for him and he always has an answer.
Don't get me wrong, my mom likes the guy and is all for us hanging out and doing friend things...but it is not to go past that. I have crossed this line a little...I flirt with him. I usually don't start it, he does...but I don't stop it either.
I've told him how my mom feels...and I think he thinks I'm joking. I'm really not. My friend says that if this is going to lead anywhere else, the poor guys is going to have to ask permission to date me! Worst part is...she's right, he would have too.
My whole theory is that if we were to date his intentions would be unquestionable! He's dating someones daughter...someone he sees EVERY day! Isn't that the greatest form of intimidation? I figured parents would find that kind of thing very convenient.

So my question is:
-Does my mom really have the right to draw that line if she knows he's a good guy or should I really just not push it this time?

© Copyright 2007 Anna-Beth Hall (UN: anna-beth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Anna-Beth Hall has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510399-Dating-and-my-mother