*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/511546-70-Memorial-Evening
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#511546 added May 28, 2007 at 9:14pm
Restrictions: None
70 Memorial Evening
Lovely, beautiful day! Especially in small village America! This was what it was like in front of my store 1/2 hour before the parade started!
from my village and store on memorial day


Inside, all decorated for the holiday. We have only one register and we had lines curling halfway around the store at one point. But it all looked beautiful and later on i gave the balloons to the kids out front. Big hit with both the kids and their parents.
memorial day in town


Here's one of the front of the store and one of my faithful and stalwart employees taking a well deserved break!

memorial day in town


See the brown box over on the right? That's a box for the donuts my other half built for me :) You can also see the huge flower pots i planted with geraniums!

Another pic taken in front of the store during the parade. This is our entire downtown area. (Got to love tiny towns!!!) The parade lasted maaaybe 20 minutes! Town was messed up traffic wise for 2 hours! See the red, white and blue balloons? Those are the ones i gave out! What a day *big smile* The high school and middle school bands were in the parade along with all the Boy and girl Scout troups, LOTS of veterans, horses, clowns, old cars and the entire police, fire and emergency response departments. Lots of fun, kids, noise and laughter! Pretty sure this pic is of the middle school band playing 'It's a grand Old Flag' and "God bless America.'

memorial day in town


Between the first and last picture, you've now seen all of 'downtown Pinckney, Michigan, USA!

© Copyright 2007 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/511546-70-Memorial-Evening