*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/512012-FYI-Review-of-websites-EasyWritingBizcom-and-FanStorycom
by Sharon
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1267252
Informative topics, reviews and my personal reflections.
#512012 added May 31, 2007 at 2:38am
Restrictions: None
FYI-Review of websites: EasyWritingBiz.com and FanStory.com
Friday, May 25, 2007

Last night, I accessed a link for EasyWritingBiz.com while I was on WDC (probably an affiliate link). I ordered the download and read the entire 125 page manual. If the spacing and large type had been normal, the manual would have been half the size. It was informative as to sites to go to for freelance work, what the going rates are for your writing and links for various sources (with a little information about each one, which anyone could probably find by performing a search in Google or Yahoo). The author also provides the ins & outs and dos & don'ts of the business. Curiously, her marketing letter purports that with very little time, you can make a lot of money; but her manual drives the point that without a lot of work and research and time, you won't make a living or be able to pay your bills.

The download price was reduced to $39.97 (100% money back guarantee within 8 weeks), which they claim is usually sold for $99.97. You also get a free download of Camera Dollars, which tells you how you can make money selling your photos and imagery and provides you with links to various sites (with a little information about each site). I guess for $39.97, I got my money's worth, but I urge you to think twice if it ever goes to $99.97. With a little footwork, everyone can pretty much find the sites they list and do their own research on those sites for nothing. In addition, EasyWritingBiz provided me with a user name and password to access their Member Site, but as of yet, I have been unable to get there. I have written to their customer service e-mail address to find out why.

I did go to a site elance.com where I checked to see how many people are offering editing and proofing services. You can browse each person's portfolio to see what kind of writing services they provide, what they charge, how they bid and what the winning and losing bids were. That was an interesting site and you might check it out if you're interested in freelance writing, etc.

As for FanStory.com, I like this WDC site much better. It is easier to navigate. FanStory.com does have a free trial membership, which basically allows you to read and review, but you can't post your portfolio until you upgrade and pay a membership fee. They promise at least 3 reviews for each item in your portfolio.



© Copyright 2007 Sharon (UN: sharlea2348 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sharon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/512012-FYI-Review-of-websites-EasyWritingBizcom-and-FanStorycom