*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/512673
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1223929
Demons, Vampires, Love, Decite, what more could Renee ask for? maybe a normal life?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#512673 added June 3, 2007 at 2:01pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 14- Painful Memories
As I looked into her eyes, filled with innocence and, now caused by me, hope, not on purposely, curiosity and an overwhelming sense of worry. I gently placed my two fingers just below her chin and lightly lifted her face up to mine,

“If you now choose to stay with me, I can promise love, safety and answers to all memories lost about your self. I will not ask you, or even expect you to make that choice now, but when you are ready to answer me, I will agree to any decision you desire.”
She looked up at me, and I could tell that she was fighting within herself, to stay or not to stay, that is the question…

“If I stay, can I know everything that happened to me and my parents? I want to be able to have a reason to stay.” Concern filled her words and I was worried that if I say yes but I do not fulfill her expectations I could be a waste of time and I would be letting her down, but I cant say no, because I do have the answers she is looking for, but I am afraid she will not like what she sees, or hear.

I pulled her close to me and plunged myself into her mind, pulling what I was going to show her from the back of my own mind. Her eye lids hovered looking heavy then dropped allowing the painful memory to totally take her in its grasp, were I could only help her once it was finished.

"A little girl in a dark room surrounded in shadows lets out a whimper of pain and terror. Suddenly a light colored mist comes from the other side of the room to show the girls face, contorted and pale, her large blue-gray eyes dilated and bloodshot. She clutches her knees tightly to her chest and whimpers in fear of what awaits her. She hears a scream in the distance immediately clutches her head starts to cry and scream.
“No, please, leave me alone, I’m sorry, please, let me go!”

A shadow devours the girl and her sobs and whimpers start to become suppressed. The dark cloud that holds the girl like a fragile doll claps onto her neck ripping a chain from it, she screams and then is dropped to the floor, her body almost lifeless aside from her distant whimpers and faint shudders. The dark cloud now holds in it the most powerful tool, almost as fast as it came the dark shadow disappears. The little girl shivers as her luster fades, her eyes lose their blue and no longer sparkle. She is as lifeless as broken glass.


I see the pain of what had really happened fill her eyes as the dreadful memory replayed itself as if it was happening again.

Her eyes opened wide in alarm and astonishment to her real past that she never knew or even bothered to think about. I now believe she finally understands just how important she is, but now I have to do the hard part, explaining to her why she is so significant to so many peoples lives, good and evil.

“Stanton, I… how… who… why?” she asked me the questions I knew were coming and had already prepared an answer that she will so appreciate. I lifted my head and looked into her eyes, practically begging her with them, to value what I was about to reveal to her, without losing trust or hope in me.

“Renee, I know learning all of this so quickly is going to be hard, and painful, but you have to stand your ground and get all the information, then you can decide what you want to do.” I took her hands in my and stared her in the eye, easing myself out to grasp her in the memories that would fill her with the knowledge of her past, and of the people who made her so dangerous, yet so sought after, and essential to my only true enemy, regardless of our blood ties.

She looked at me here eyes showing her intricate thoughts of what I had already told her. I now know that what ever I say she will believe, I now know that, to her, I am trustworthy, I know this will take some time.
© Copyright 2007 prettypinkme (UN: prettypinkme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
prettypinkme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/512673