*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/513069-My-Tournament-Update
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#513069 added June 4, 2007 at 9:16pm
Restrictions: None
My Tournament Update
I won my match last Friday night. It took me three hours and three sets to do it, but victory was mine! (7-5;4-6; 6-4) I caved in the beginning of the second set. Totally zoned out. Lost my focus and before I knew it, I was down 4-1. Oh no I had to win two more games no matter what! I did not want to lose that set with only one or two games. I roared during the first few games of the third set. Waiting on the ball, not getting caught up in the win. ‘Calm down,’ I told myself. ‘Just stroke the ball.’ I was up 4-1 but then got nervous about the score, she stepped up her game and the next thing I knew, it was 5-4 – her serve, deuce point.

I can’t even remember how I won that point. But my AD – I returned it deep in the corner of her AD court. She was too tired to run it down and I won the match.

I play a doubles match with Valerie against her and her partner. I’ve never even met Val. I just hope we don’t get double bageled. Then, Wed,’s match determines whether I get first or second place trophy for singles!

© Copyright 2007 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/513069-My-Tournament-Update