*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/513201-Comet-Speed-Chase
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1272328
Life seems normal for a teenager until he finds out his destiny.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#513201 added June 5, 2007 at 1:42pm
Restrictions: None
Comet-Speed Chase
In a far – flung galaxy of Tenechae, a ship comes hurtling by. My ship. Traveling as fast as a comet. Its agility was another story. We were being pursued by the Black Brigade, a vigorous group of bad guys known as being very ugly, clumsy, grimy, hostile, malignant, and generally buffoons, which was to their disadvantage.
But they had an alliance with the Dark Raiders who were quite the opposite. They were less fallible, very substantial, dynamic, organized, and grim.
Anyway, they the Black Brigade, were traveling almost as fast. They also were shooting electron torpedoes at us at us, dodging them, here and there.
“We’re losing them!” I shouted.
We lead them into an asteroid field covered with ice, maneuvering around them so we wouldn’t collide. Several ships crashed, sending debris wayward. Deeper into the asteroid field we went. It was scary. It was like a rollercoaster weaving in and out of obstacles. It wasn’t until a few moments that we escaped.
____

Before we go on, , I would like to tell a long anecdote of myself. Yes, it’s an extensive story so just sit back and observe. As you will watch, I had a very humble beginning.
My early childhood wasn’t that good or bad. It was about when I was ten. That was eight years ago from when this happened. Anyway, life was going normal. Normal except three things. Elaney Rodell, Sheena Quearosa, and Jackofryce Frown.
Sheena Quearosa was weird and annoying, to me, though. She wasn’t that pretty either. Her short hair reminded me of Shaggy from Scooby – Doo, and her hairy legs and arms made her look manly. Everything about her was weird. Even her behavior, even though she wasn’t in my class, she still hovered over me and the guys I hung around at lunch, recess, and in between classes. She was an embarrassment to womankind, an experiment gone wrong. And by the way, her “I’m-ugly-and-I-know-it” costume she wore everyday was always picked by her mom. But in a way, I felt sorry for her. Not because I liked her, and not because I felt bad. It was just like feeling sorry for a cripple.
Fryce, even though he was one foot shorter than me, he still liked to trash-talk me. He also played football, a wide-receiver, as they talked about. A surly midget, he was.
I saved the best for last. Elaney is the girl I had a crush on since I was in class with her. She was very petite, and her hair was white-blonde. Her voice was small, but touching. She’s the daughter of my most favorite teacher: Mr. Rodell. (He’s the kind of guy who’s laid-back, good-natured, and has his own agenda. Later on, you’ll see.)
But at least one thing separated me from her. No, it’s not a wall. It’s distance. Yep. My life changed drastically when we moved. It was like moving a guppy from the ocean to a shark pool. I mean there are occasional sharks in the ocean, but not as concentrated. You get the idea.
Most people didn't hang around the tallest guys. No, let me rephrase that. Most people didn't hang around the smart guys. It may be instinct or fright or something else. I don’t know.
It wasn’t just Fryce, no. He was just the ring leader, well not really. Not everyone did that. It was mostly the boys who did that. The girls did it in other ways: talking about me behind my back; stuff like that. It got really annoying, sometimes.
© Copyright 2007 DarDull (UN: matt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DarDull has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/513201-Comet-Speed-Chase