*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515055-Clothes-at-work
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1253258
Work + Family + Boys =Complicated. I have questions that need answers!!
#515055 added June 13, 2007 at 6:27pm
Restrictions: None
Clothes at work.
Casual professional...that's nice pants and a nice shirt. NOTHING SHOWY! I follow that but I still get yanked into the boss's office! I'm currecntly wearing a sleevles turtle neck thats pink and a pair of black dress carpi's with cute black kitten heels.Very appropriate, infact, I look like a stylish Nun. However, my boss just told me that I'm dressing to provacativly and that I need to tone it down. Work is not the time or place, I was reminded. He said that I may not be acting that way or talking inappropiatly to the boys in the other part of the building but I am dressing in such a manner that I have become some what of a distraction. Is that my fault? I'm covered. The boys I work with scare me. I do not flaut anything around them ever....even if we all go out to a bar on the weekend, I'm always covered (and sober) around them. I know that work isn't the time or place for those kind of things and work people aren't the people I'd like to do those things with anyways! For god sakes....What do I need to do? I'm not wearing make up, my hair isnt done and I have a nice shinner on my forehead. There is nothing for anyone to look at right now!
The worst part is my boss says he "knows its not my fault". Why are they talking to me then? I can't fix any of this but its really frusterating. Not my kind of problem....

So my question is
-If I'm not flirting, dressing provacativly, flauting whatever it is they think I have....what's wrong with my turtle neck and pants? Shouldn't these people just leave me alone? Shouldn't they be talking to the boys who are apparently distracted? What can I possibly do to fix this if it's "not my fault"??? ....some people

© Copyright 2007 Anna-Beth Hall (UN: anna-beth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Anna-Beth Hall has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515055-Clothes-at-work