*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515943-Cry-Cry-Cry
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#515943 added June 18, 2007 at 6:56pm
Restrictions: None
Cry, Cry, Cry
It must be the weather but I've been F***ing weepy all day. Granted, I had did have some reason, none of them particularly good.

First the lab manager got pissed off at me because I misunderstood when she told me which day she was coming back from vacation. Apparently, my boss harassed her throughout her entire break for reassurance that she would indeed be back today as they had agreed. She basically stormed in fussed at me and stormed out. I know I'm not the one who harassed her, but she was still pissed at me. Cue cry number one.

After washing my face and returning to the lab my boss came up to me looking concerned. Apparently, she and the manager had had a talk and she knew I was upset about the exchange. Cue opportunity to ask for decreased research responsibilities during the manager's maternity leave, tell her about my beach vacation in September (during said maternity leave), and ask for new dishes for the animals. My boss said she really needed the research time, but would be willing to par down the animal colonies to ease the pressure. The vacation and dishes got an okay. A small victory.

Then I go to mix reagents for my experiments tomorrow, but can't find the bloody powder. I tear the freezer apart with no luck. Cue cry number two.

Several hours later I finally find it. I hope I wasn't too foggy to get the dilutions right, since I am repeating this already. I'll just have to say a little prayer that it is okay. And remember that it's not the end of the world if it's not.

© Copyright 2007 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515943-Cry-Cry-Cry