*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/516867-ouch
by Duncan
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1244942
Here are some rants from my life. Enjoy, and if you don't...I didn't ask you to read it :)
#516867 added June 23, 2007 at 7:43am
Restrictions: None
ouch
Ooh my goodness.. quite a bit has happened recently!

Today was the 'midwinter dinner' which was mostly people somehow connected to the cathedral, I think. I made two cakes yesterday for it, a chocolate cake, and a sponge cake, both of which worked well. I also sang a few small songs with a small group from the choir.

This morning, my hired road bike (that I arranged for yesterday) arrived, and I went up into the Port Hills to have a ride on the road that goes along (or sometimes beside) the ridge. F*** but that was a hard ride. I've buggered my left knee, and near the end of the ride, I couldn't straighten my legs without them cramping :( However, I got absolutely stunning views of the Alps, now covered in snow, and got to go really fast (probably faster than 50 km/h, but by that point my odometer conked out lol ).

Other stuff: I'm planning to spend several nights in a Youth Hostel in the Alps, actually in the pass between the west and east coast. I worked out that the bus fares, and four night's stay, would amount to only $150!! pretty good... however, I will also be buying foodstuffs and maybe other miscellaneous bits and pieces, but still, pretty good deal, eh?

I should go to bed, I'm flippin' knackered.
Night, all

© Copyright 2007 Duncan (UN: gaidheal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Duncan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/516867-ouch