*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517000-Hmmm
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#517000 added June 25, 2007 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
Hmmm
So... I've been on a roll for some time now. Having an entry every day for.......I'm not even sure for how long. But even if the entries have been short, I've had one. But not for Saturday.

Hubby and I, plus my son and and hubby's daughter went to the movies again on Friday night. The last time we went, Tiff didn't really like the movie and Derek fell asleep. This time, everyone enjoyed the movie. What was it? Evan Almighty.

Peronally, I didn't like Bruce Almighty. But I highly recommend Evan Almighty. It's rated PG. And the whole bunch of us enjoyed it. Even Tiff's friend who came with us. Our ages: 10, 12, 23, 55 and 58. Two kids who attend church. Two adult committed Christians. And one adult who struggles with what to believe. We all enjoyed the movie.

I have to admit, I wondered how it was going to work. I was curious about how and why there would be another flood needing an ark. But it's okay. The movie doesn't disregard what the Bible says about that.

My mistake was to take the stairs to the parking lot after the movie. Three flights. I figured since we were going down to the parking lot, it wouldn't bother me that much. Wrong.

My knees were aching last night when I went to bed. Now, my knees, back, ankles, hips all ached The bottom of my feet are on fire. My ears feel like they're frostbitten (I really hate that one!). And I slept longer than usual Saturday morning and had two short naps during the day. All - most likely - because I decided to take the stairs after the movie. Grrr. This is my version of having a flare-up. And...compared to some folks I know who have fibromyalgia, it's not really that bad.

But it's bad enough. I'm tired. But I also hurt so badly that sleep just won't come now. And don't you know that I forgot to refill my pain pills (the ones I really hate and put off taking until I have a day like Saturday). Can't fill now until Monday, 'cause the prescription I have now says no refills. Grrr. I'm forced to try some anti-inflammatory pills which don't work real well, but do kill my stomach. So...I'll be taking some anti-barf pills too.

Know what else? The next time we're at that movie theater, I'll probably still want to walk down the stairs to the car. The elevator takes so long. And I still can't get it in my thick head that I can't do the things I once took for granted.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517000-Hmmm