*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517334-Catching-up
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#517334 added June 25, 2007 at 6:57pm
Restrictions: None
Catching up!
Gosh, I feel so behind! haha!! It's been a very busy (when is isn't?) Let's catch up:

FAMILY

Well, Andrew is like a new boy with his tubes. He's a lot more receptive to what you say to him. It's very nice. He starts swim lessons with the local park & recs on the 16th of July.

Joseph had an ear infection last week and spiked a fever of 102. The docs gave him anti-biotics and he's doing much better now. He's watching Elmo right now. Joseph LOVES Elmo, so I'll think I'll theme his birthday party on Elmo. He starts "Daddy and me" swim lessons on the 17th.

Next week will be busy. On the 2nd, Brent and I take Andrew to a baseball game and then on the 3-5 July we're going to Catalina Island to spend the 4th. On the 6th, Brent and I have a date night at another baseball game. It's my one week of vacation this year. I didn't have much saved up because of the time I took after Joseph was born, but I'm not complaining!

WRITING

Well, THE WOLF'S TORMENT is out! I'm so excited! I'm looking for reviews and feedback, so please, if it's a book that interests you, consider buying it. I'll give you a PRODUCT REVIEW badge if you get it and review it here on writing.com. I'm also working on adding more content to THE FICKLE WINDS OF HISTORY. Right now, I've added a bunch of scenes between Olga and Anastasia. I'll preview one here a little later on.

I'm also writing on Associated Content. If you get a chance, pop on over and see me over there.

Here's a list of links were you can find me at:

http://sgcardin.tripod.com - my official blog, geared toward writing and publishing.

http://www.myspace.com/sgcardin - Yvonne! I was so happy to find you on My Space!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/join.html?refer=84269 - This is my link for Associated Content. Joining is free and my pay for exculsive articles. I put up a couple of stories there and I also submitted some articles which should be out soon.


WORK

Work is still stresful. This new computer system sucks. It's just more cumbersome to do things. I had no idea that technology could suck so bad. We have to staff all the radio positions and the phones suffer. The other day in roll call one of our supervisors told us that a lady tried to get through to 911 on her cell phone because her husband was having a stroke. After 20 minutes, she still couldn't get through. She finally called the local PD station and they asked for a paramedic over the air. Needless to say, her husband died. At the time she was trying to call there were only 2 people on 911 and 2 on secondary in the Valley. (There was probably the same amount downtown.) The wait time was 20 calls on 911 and 120 calls on secondary. Much too long, but the city is too cheap to offer overtime. I'm curious as to what's going to happen next.

TOPIC OF THE DAY - IMMIGRATION

Well, I was surprised. On Saturday there was an ANTI immigration rally in LA. We hear that there's a need for immigration reform, but I have to wonder - just how much of that is hype. Why can't we enforce those laws we allready have? What's wrong with them? Why don't they work? How hard is it to build a fence or tighten our border security. Hell, the requirement for people to have passports to go to Mexico (can you believe that - it's almost hypocritical considering the illegal immigration problem!) passports are backlogged and some haven't gotten theirs in time to take trips.

I'm truly not down on immigrants, but this country has laws. How hard is it to enforce the laws we have now? I don't believe "amnesty," is a good thing, regarding the proposed bill.

So, weigh in - What do you think about the immigration debate?

See ya' soon. *Smile*

© Copyright 2007 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517334-Catching-up