*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517606-Jerichos-Return-Date
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #1241026
Thoughts on things from the news, TV, radio, and daily life that hit home with me.
#517606 added June 26, 2007 at 11:15pm
Restrictions: None
Jericho's Return Date
         Friday, July 6th, it's back. But that's just a start. The network is saying flat out that they will need a larger audience to keep it on the air. So, for my first time here at Writing, I'm doing a different version of the "Shameless Plug". *Bigsmile*
         If you haven't watched it before, please give it a try, and for more than one episode. If you want some background, CBS' website has past episodes that you can watch in their entirety to become familiar with the storylines and the characters.
         The BASIC premise - very basic - is what could happen in the aftermath if the U.S. appears to be hit with a nuclear attack. And trust me - there's a lot more here than that description conveys. It's well written, well acted, and most definitely believable. Yet is is NOT your typical 'nuclear holocaust'. Not by a long shot. The survivors are real, and everything they face is very plausible. It holds your attention with its attention to detail in every aspect of the situation. Where do they get food? Gasoline? Electricity? Can they trust strangers who show up in the town? And those are just a few of the situations they face.
         For those old enough to remember when M*A*S*H was just starting its run, it was a 'sleeper', too. Its ratings didn't really take off until at least its second or third year. And it ultimately ran for 11 years, longer than the (Korean) war that it portrayed. Problem is, things have changed since then. The networks all say they can't wait that long to know if a show is going to be a hit. Help us prove to them that this one's worth keeping. There aren't many high quality shows on the networks these days. Let's show them that viewers ARE intelligent, and DO appreciate quality entertainment. They need to learn that lesson, regardless of what show we point out to them. Let's show them that we want more than just "reality" TV. Jericho is a great place to start proving that to them.

© Copyright 2007 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517606-Jerichos-Return-Date