*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517963-The-Cavern
by udar
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1280289
this is about my missing friend
#517963 added June 28, 2007 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
The Cavern
The cavern was in a basement in a rather fine looking old house in Manor House. It had absolutely nothing to do with the Beatles or such like instead being full of scary-looking goths who drank snakebites. They did not sell any other drinks. Cait liked to fantsisze they were somehow lost in a crowd of vampires. The music was loud, relentless and the crowd moved slowly, and mysteriously.

Looking back on these days as an adult I am astonished by how much alcohol I used to be able to drink and not fall over, vomit or otherwise make an exhibition of myself. It is a rare and special gift given to the young which they certainly do not appreciate. On a night such as this, Cait would have downed maybe six pints of snakebite and then got up in the morning for work.

The girls did not wear goth gear, except for heavy eye liner but no-one complained. They scanned the crowd looking for Ramona. When at last they saw her, Cait's heart almost stopped. She looked slimmer than ever, wrapped in a long black dress, her dark hair loose over her shoulders.. Her eyes looked huge and dark and troubled. Cait ran to her and put her arms around her. Ramona!

The girl stood still for a amoment while Cait embraced her, then gently peeled her arms away.She looked dully at Cait. Well, Corrina, Hi. She smiled vaguely and turned away to talk to one of the Prince's entourage. Hmm, thought Cait I do believe I have been dismissed. Is she really wasted or really annoyed at us? It was impossible to tell in somewhere so smoky and noisy.

It is strange how nowadays when smoking is banned everywhere to remember how the pall of smoke hung over places like the cavern, making visibility poor. Most people were not smoking just cigarettes either. No staff circulated the cavern, just five goths behind the bar l;ooking like they wnadered in the wrong side by accident. They moved slowly seeming almost bored but never made you wiat long to be served.

Cait watched as Ramona drifted back to the 'dancefloor' and began to move slowly sinuously and ever so sexily. She looks so mature, so womanly that Corrina felt she could not be her friend. Maybe the prince was right and she really was a lost soul.

I see you found her, Naimh arrived with her drink. Have you had a chance to talk to her? Niamh was anxious, her worried eyes pleaded with Corrina. tThere isn't much to tell. Will she forgive us? I don't think she cares, Corrina shrugged.

© Copyright 2007 udar (UN: roserogers at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
udar has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517963-The-Cavern