*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518065-Hubbys-sermon-notes
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#518065 added June 29, 2007 at 7:11pm
Restrictions: None
Hubby's sermon notes
As you'll recall, I didn't make it church last Sunday. But hubby did. We kept forgetting to sit down so that he could read his notes to me. (I can't always read his writing.) Then I suggested that he type them up. *Smile*

We thought the Building Character Series was over. We were wrong.

Part 11 - Honesty

John 8:44 NLT
The Devil...has always hated the truth. There is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Steps to Building Honesty in Your Life

Proverbs 23:23 NIV
Buy the truth and do not sell it.

*Check5*Have an honesty check up

*Note4*Where is honesty an issue?
At work?
At home?
With friends?
"I can stop (drinking, smoking, etc.) at any time I want."

*Note4*How is honesty an issue? Everyone has an issue with honesty.
Protecting others.
Slander/gossip - Paris Hilton, for example.
Exaggeration.
Deceit.
Flattery.
Justification (You get too much change back at the store and don't give it back. Justification? The prices are too high anyway? I got cheated the last time?)

The Greek word for dishonesty is "resume." (Exaggeration) *Bigsmile*

*Check5*Have an honesty re-evaluation

Provergs 13:21 NLT
Trouble chases sinners while blessings chase the righteous.

Dishonesty sometimes has gains. When you cheat on taxes, you get more money back. The Bible says those gains are temparary. It catches up.

Honesty Benefits

*Check5*Develops character

Proverbs 20:7 NCV
The good people who live honest lives will be a blessing to their children.

Character is what I am when no one is looking.

Ephesians 4:15 NLT
Instead, we will hold to the truth in love, becoming more and mroe in every way like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.

Integrity is when honesty gets together with character.

Home is the place where character is tested. Lays the groundwork for spiritual maturity.

*Check5*Cultivates confidence

Proverbs 11:6 NCV
Doing right brings freedom to honest people.

"It's easier to tell the truth. That way you don't have to keep track of anything." ~ Mark Twain

*Check5*Completes the connection (with God)

Psalms 51:6 TLB
You (God) deserve honesty from the heart.

The more He is in your life, the harder it is to be dishonest.

When the message starts to get to you inside, don't feel guilty. That's a good sign - that God is speaking to you. The Spirit is not like a Jewish mother; guilt is not the goal. *Smile*

Honesty? Just do it.

Take an inventory inside. God wants to connec with you here and now.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518065-Hubbys-sermon-notes