*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518101-Blue---all-over
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#518101 added July 2, 2007 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
Blue - all over
Bryant arrived just after ten Tuesday morning with Baxter, his huge golden retriever in tow. I heard the vehicle, looked up and saw the large green logo painted against the white truck pulling into our parking lot. “Court Makers! Yessssssss!” (Baxter, I later learned travels everywhere his owner does. He’s romped on countless tennis courts all over the southeast and I was all too happy to have his paws run across court one chasing an old tennis ball. Rumor has it he will appear in several local Atlanta TV commercials during the U.S. Open)

Two weeks ago, city council voted on the resurfacing of Tattnall’s courts and, they voted on blue. There had been talk about dark forest green w/ a light green border. Our courts are located downtown in the heart of Macon’s historic district – in the middle of Tattnall Square Park. Blue, some feared, might not blend in with the large 100 year old oak trees standing firm throughout the park, closely surrounding the tennis courts.

Still others argued painting Tattnall’s courts a different color than the newly renovated John Drew Smith courts would somehow send a message that Tattnall wasn’t as ‘good’ as JDS, or that the players there were somehow worth more.

Either color and I’d have been happy. I just want a clean smooth surface to chase down my backhand lobs. I am happier, though, with blue. It looks mag! and I can’t wait to play on my own blue courts!

This calls for a 'tennis day' dontcha think?


After two days of work.


Courts 9 & 10. Should be relased to the public on Sunday!


Baxter. Isn't he cute? so hugable.


click on the images to enlarge.

© Copyright 2007 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518101-Blue---all-over