*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518328-according-to-plan
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#518328 added July 1, 2007 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
according to plan
Nothing goes according to plan when you're running a magazine. Today's the first of the month, so our new issue is up and running.
(https://www.wordofmouthpa.com) *Wink*

Someone from the management company of that band from Italy has been trying to send me an email for a few days now, and for some reason, it just won't go through. So, it's not in the new issue, but I'm thinking we'll put it in the print version (as an extra), and then include it in next month's online issue.

For once, I didn't have a problem uploading the new issue. I think this is the first time ever that I didn't have problems with it.

Today we're getting together to design the layout of this month's issue for the print version. We looked into professional printers in the past and found them to be waaaaay out of our price range. We then looked at places like Kinkos and Staples, and even those were pricey ($7 per issue? I don't think so!), so we're going DIY. We're designing the layout ourselves and printing out the pages. We'll get photocopies made, and we'll bind the things ourselves. We did one test copy from last month's issue and it looks pretty good, actually.

You need to start somewhere, right? If we keep trying to wait until we have more money to do it totally professional, we'll be waiting a long time. This way we have room to grow, and I think people will like it. We've been called the indie version of an entertainment magazine, so DIY defnitely fits us, I think.

So, if you have a few minutes, check out our latest issue. We work hard on these, and we don't get any profit from them (yet). *Bigsmile*


© Copyright 2007 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518328-according-to-plan