*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518984-63-light-rain-which-should-clear-up-
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#518984 added July 4, 2007 at 9:13am
Restrictions: None
63, light rain which should clear up ....
Happy 4th of July to all my American friends! This is another one of those holidays that means a lot to me. Maybe it is because I grew up near Boston and American history was something I lived and breathed for many years. Perhaps because I served in our military and because I'm a Navy Mom and Army Mom-in-law or because my dad fought in WWII and my grampa in WWI.

I learned the words to 'Paul Revere's Ride in 4th grade...one if by land, two if by sea' and the 'freedom trail' in Boston was a regular walk.. I've traveled much of the world, and seen pictures of another huge chunk that my daughter took or my son-in-law in Iraq took...and being an American is a darned special thing to be!

An Asian man and his family came into my store yesterday. He had two little girls with him that were totally precious. (perhaps they were 5 and 6...or twins possibly) and they were so excited to see the balloons I had gotten to decorate the store.

The littlest one, jumping and pointing almost yelled, 'Look at the American fag balloons!!!! ' Her sister immediately said 'American FLAG! fl fl FLAG!'

'American FLag balloons!' her little sister dutifully repeated. I gave them each one and they were SO excited to have 'American flag balloons.' Their father said this was their first 4th of July that they were celebrating as Americans as he and his wife had just taken the US Citizenship exam and passed it with 'flying red, white and blue colors'.

How very awesome!!!!! And it got me thinking...how many American could actually pass the exam? Why don't you try!

http://encarta.msn.com/quiz_14/U_S_Citizenship_Test_Could_You_Pass.html


Yes, this is more than just a day for b-b-qs and fireworks....it is a day for pride in this great country, for being proud to be an AmerICAN!


for the 4th
Fyn another one






© Copyright 2007 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518984-63-light-rain-which-should-clear-up-