*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519934-Remember-Me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1188536
Ink is the strongest drug, the deepest ocean, the longest journey and the strangest love..
#519934 added July 8, 2007 at 6:21pm
Restrictions: None
Remember Me?
Probably not...

I'm back again and going to try to make a commitment... No promises to the rest of you though...

Lotsa stuff's been going on. School's out, though I go back on the 20th of August. Outrageously early if you ask me, but they don't obviously. However, I'm happy to be going back. In fact, I wanted to go back just a week after school ended. Though I am liking the extra sleep that summer affords me, I just can't deal with the futility of living at this point... School actually makes me feel useful...

My book is coming along fairly well. Already on chapter 21. Whoot! Editing is going to be living Hell, but you know what? I don't care at this point. I have a beta who I greatly appreciate, but who has not contacted me in about two months. That is a little frustrating. Granted, I shouldn't speak, since I have abandoned a beta-ee before, but that was because they were a total jerk and seemed more interested in bombing all of my comments than actually listening to me. Okay, so I made a stupid critique that doesn't even apply... No need to bite my head off and question my intelligence level. If you were so concerned about that, you should just ask me to leave. I was too nice to say anything, but when they didn't reply back after a few e-mails I said "fine, no skin off my nose" and left. Their problem...

Anyway, I don't know why my beta hasn't contacted me, but if they left, fine. It's not like I was paying them for anything and it was purely volunteer work. I don't have a problem with it, honest, but it's frustrating not being told.

I know editing is going to be a pain because as I wrote one chapter, I looked back on preceeding chapters and saw many inconsistencies, including, but not limited to: a mute girl speaking the first time you see her; a secondary character changing from the strong and confident type to a miserable, nervous brown-noser the minute I actually gave him a name; and (this is my favorite, but I've already fixed it so it doesn't apply really) a forty year old character having a twelve year old sister and their mother pregnant with another child. And that's not including any grammatical mistakes, the fact that my settings are pretty much nonexistent or that I have hardly done a lick of research. Makes you really not want to read my book, eh? I know... I'm writing it...

But I'm actually pretty optomistic about it. Life's not all that bad...

Anyway, updates on what I was actually talking about in my last post:

Play went really well. We had a second performance, this time for a competition, and while we didn't win overall, we did win a few recognitions: Best Male Physicality (Mark was a knock out as an old man. Seriously, he blew me away.) Best Costumes, and David and I jointly won Most Romantic Moment. Granted, we were pretty much the only romantic moment, but it was neat.

You know, it's interesting how ASAP can mean a few months...

~GryphonFledglingOfSilverWings


© Copyright 2007 SilverGryphon (UN: silvergryphon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SilverGryphon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519934-Remember-Me