*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520072-e-Bay-Fun
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#520072 added July 9, 2007 at 11:34am
Restrictions: None
e-Bay Fun
I've been having entirely too much fun bidding on skirts, shorts, blazers and shoes on e-Bay. I guess it was about a month ago I got the auction bug. By now, I think I've just about filled my needs--and my closet.

If it weren't for shipping charges, everything I've gotten would be considered dirt cheap. I'm noticing as I receive my purchases, that the amount of postage on the envelope is quite often less than what the seller has designated as shipping charges. I guess it makes sense to add a bit for handling, but some people seem to build in a profit quotient in their shipping charges.

I don't think I've bid over $10.00 for anything I've gotten. So far, I've received four nice long casual summer dresses, a pair of silver mary janes with about 2 1/2 inch leels (that I wasn't planning on them being that tall--I'm 5' 10" or so already. But, I tried, and I can stand and walk in them.). I also got a couple of sarong wrap skirts.

I guess I've done my summer manic shopping through e-Bay this year. My bipolar always turns to mania by July, but this year I don't have credit cards to run up. Most of the clothes in my closet are size 16 to 18, and I've lost about 70 pounds since those clothes fit. The next thing I'm going to have to go for is putting some of my big clothes up for auction.

I've started to set up to aution things before, but something has always held me up. Usually it's getting a picture of whatever. I got my digital camera out this morning to take a picture of a wig that I got from a merchant from China on e-Bay, and my memory card is full. The wig is just a smiget too small for my head, durn it.

I still don't totally know how to use that digital camera of mine, and I was going to figure it out this morning, but them I realized the cable between the camera and printer has gotten misplaced--so there went that burst of enthusiasm. Maybe I can figure it out before the day's over. If I had just as much money coming in as going out, I'd be happy. Looks like most of the people I've purchased from were planning on space in their closets instead of money in the bank.

The money part has worked out well for me anyhow. And I'll soon have a closet of different clothes--and they're new to me! It's nice to have clothes that don't bag.

I can't quite get into my head that my butt has disappeared, and I actually need to wear a size 10. I'm having trouble believing my rear is that small, but I did go ahead and bid on a pair of size 10 jeans. I won't believe that I'm that size until I slip 'em on and zip 'em up. But, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the proof in the pants.
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520072-e-Bay-Fun