*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520532-Reasons
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#520532 added July 11, 2007 at 11:21am
Restrictions: None
Reasons
There are reasons why everyone should make sure they always have money in a savings account and a credit card available for emergencies, especially if one owns a house. You never know when something might need fixed.

For months, there was a drip, drip, drip from the faucet in the basement laundry tub. Having a plumber come and fix that shouldn't have been a huge expense, except that the pipes are as old as the house. Once we have the money for a plumber, we really should get a bunch of things fixed.

Hubby did try to get a cap for the faucet. He was, wisely, afraid to try just forcing the drip to quit, since that might have broken the pipe. Last week he finally was able to get a cap and that drip (which had become more than just a drip over the months) has stopped.

About two weeks ago, I noticed that we were getting some water on the floor in the basement. It's coming from the air conditioning or something.

Today, I discovered that it's more than water on the floor. It's actually more slimy than water.

How did I find out? I FELL!

After I put hubby's clothes in the washer, I was at the bottom step ready to go up when I slipped on the slimy substance all over the floor. Down I went, with my legs under the stairs. My head hit the concrete floor.

Thankfully, my son was in the basement on his computer. He insisted that I sit a minute while he made sure my head wasn't bleeding. It wasn't. But I figured I'd have a bump on it later. One shin was bleeding and already getting a bump. The other was already bruised, but the skin wasn't broken.

So here I sit with an ice pack on my head and on one leg/shin.

We really should have had the leak fixed when it appeared. But...when there is no extra money... I guess when I'm feeling up to it, I better find a way to mop up that goo all over the floor. I had not realized how much was on the floor until I fell. It had just been a trickle before. Now it's more of a stream.

Keep praying about the judge's decision for the disability, okay? It surely will help our finances if I have some kind of regular income.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520532-Reasons