*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522140-Lazy-Moi
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1188536
Ink is the strongest drug, the deepest ocean, the longest journey and the strangest love..
#522140 added July 18, 2007 at 3:32pm
Restrictions: None
Lazy?! Moi?!?
Yeah, actually I am... That's the reason I've been home since Saturday, but haven't bothered to do anything productive since then... Because, you know, a blog is one of the first priorities of life...

You all thought I was gone forever, no?

Yeah, anyway, I spent all of today doing absolutely nothing. My little sister and I watched “Pride and Prejudice” (the old A&E version, which is something like 5 or 6 hours long but totally worth it, since it manages to cover everything in the book without having to leave anything out like they would if it was just 2 hours) so that lasted for quite a long time. Then we watched Veggie Tales, which I still like watching even though I’m supposed to be too old to watch it. She’s five and she watches it because it’s funny in a kid way. But I watch it and there is so much more that I can appreciate in “adult humor” which is called as such not because it is inappropriate, but because it’s over the kids’ heads.

As an example, the one we were watching had all of the veggies getting stranded on an island, ala “Gilligan’s Island,” complete with the bumbling white hat guy, the skipper, the millionaire and his wife… There was supposed to be a “movie star and that other girl.” “Yeah, but they cancelled.” (This was under the pretense of a tour boat service.)

Now, my little sister has never seen Gilligan’s Island, and if she had, she probably still wouldn’t make the connection between the Skipper and Gilligan, and Bob and Larry. But I, even though Gilligan’s Island was before my generation, have actually seen the show and laughed my head off when I realized for the first time that it was a parody. (I watched it first when I was little, so I totally missed it, and then there was a several year gap in which I didn’t see it again. Then I watched it afresh and when “ooooooh right…”)

Anyway, I have to go now… As I sit here, writing about doing nothing and Veggie Tales, I made a great connection: “We are the Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything/We just stay home and lie around/And if you ask us to do anything, we’ll just tell you/We don’t do anything…” Give a shout out if the Pirates are your heroes! “I am that HERO!” (Okay, so that’s LarryBoy. Hm… Maybe this is unhealthy… But you know what? Who cares!?!?! *maniacal laughter*)

I need more sleep...

~SilverGryphon

© Copyright 2007 SilverGryphon (UN: silvergryphon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SilverGryphon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522140-Lazy-Moi