*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522544-NaNo
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#522544 added July 20, 2007 at 10:28am
Restrictions: None
NaNo
All year I've been saying there's no way I'm doing NaNo again! It's not that I didn't enjoy it, but that I just don't know if I have the time and energy to do it. Last year's was so much fun, and I learned so much, but I really didn't want to do it again.

Then Traci said yesterday, "I think I might do NaNo this year."

That's all it took! You see, I know how much it helps to have support when you're involved in NaNo. I couldn't have done it without help from Mr. J and from the group here on WDC that was doing it.

So yesterday, we came up with a fun idea for our NaNo novels. Last year, I went with a political satire kind of novel that took a ton of concentration and deep thought. (and it's still nowhere near what I'd like it to be) So, this year, I'm going for something more fun and kind of pointless.

We're thinking of writing a book that's a diary. That's the basic premise. Mine will be a woman that has to write in a diary for 30 days on the orders of her shrink.

We're going to write down a ton of prompts and stick them in a hat. At least once per week, we have to pull out a prompt and fit it into the diary entry. I suppose some will be crazy, some will be serious, and so on. It won't be a new story every day, but just events in the same story.

The thing with my novel is that the woman writing in the diary may or may not be actually insane. You won't know if she's telling the truth or not.

Anyone else thinking of NaNo? (It's only about 3 months away!)

www.nanowrimo.org



© Copyright 2007 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522544-NaNo