*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522697-Theyre-Naked
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#522697 added July 22, 2007 at 3:02pm
Restrictions: None
They're Naked???????
Sometimes I realize what a sheltered life I live. Not working makes for a much different world the the world of those who work.

Today I realized how long it has been since I visited a flea market. It was fun discovering again what kinds of things sell there. *Smile*

For instance, I had no idea that my dish soap bottle and liquid soap bottles might be feeling ashamed to be naked. Seriously, I feel badly that I have not covered them. Each crafty-type booth at this HUGE flea market (and some other booths with not so crafty items) had coverings for dish soap and liquid soap bottles for sale. They were cute little apron thingeys to put on soap bottles so that they're more fashionable and matching one's home decor.

Great idea, huh? Except that when I buy dish soap and liquid soap, I go the dollar store and spend a buck. I really don't want to spend $4.95 to cover those cheap bottles! I think if I wanted my soap bottles to match my decor, I could spend a bit more for the soap bottles, right? I mean, I have seen decorative liquid soap bottles for the bathroom. Maybe dish soap doesn't come in decorative bottles, but I could a different brand to get a color to match my kitchen. But spending $4.95 to cover the bottle?

I'm don't do much sewing or crafting myself these days. But if I thought my soap bottles would feel better about themselves, I could take a scrap of material and make a mini-apron for them myself.

The other things that sell at flea markets haven't changed much. Every aisle had at least one booth selling knives, another selling sports stuff, one selling purses and one selling comic books.

We did find a booth with some good DVD's for only $2. Derek got the very first Benji movie. I got both the The World Trade Center movie and the one about United Flight 93.

Oh yes. The whole reason we went to the flea market was to see about a refurbished computer. There were a few guys selling them. One has an office not far from our house. His fixed up computers were impressive. He had one with 60gig hard drive for $355. His cheapest laptop computer was $155.

Derek and I were at the flea market for a big chunk of the day. But I was smart. I walked a while, then sat a while, then walked a while. I probably didn't see half of what my young'un did. Neither one of us braved the heat to check out the outside vendors...and there were a gazillion of them too. Perhaps another time.

The kid didn't rush into buying a computer. He's been checking prices of new computers too. Perhaps he'll just buy a Dell online. But I'm pretty interested in talking with that guy with the fixed up computers. Heck, he had towers - bigger and faster and better than what I have and with Windows XP - for as little as $119. That's doable.

About those soap bottle covers... How many of you are dressing your soap bottles? Inquiring minds want to know... *Laugh*

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522697-Theyre-Naked